Tax Day Tuesday, 4/17/18, what can you afford to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I know it's early, but since I am planning to cook what I was going to cook yesterday, I already know today's menu... unless Mr. Murphy decides to throw a wrench in the works. Maybe I should wait so I don't jinx my plans. :ermm:

Okay, it involves seafood, veggies and a Webber Kettle.

I did my grocery shopping before I paid my taxes, so I have a few days of food stocked up. What kind of beans are you eating?

CD

I'm tired of waiting for warm weather!

I made a small bowl of tuna macaroni salad and a marinated vegetable salad with frozen mixed vegetables, celery, onion, peppers, and olives in Ken's Lite Northern Italian Dressing. I wish that I had a few grape tomatoes and some slivers of pepperoni to toss in the vegetable salad.

I did my taxes, I had to check, I so love the fact all I have to is send a sms to the taxoffice with my code and it done.

Easy..

Chicken and potatomash and gravy is tonight menu.

I sent in my taxes and I'm eating leftovers. If I was a billionaire I would still have done my taxes and I'd still be eating leftovers. Busketti, brussel sprouts, canteloupe.

Pan seared scallops with garlic/lemon/parsley butter, and a veggie yet to be determined.

I made a batch of sesame noodles and I'll be grilling some Chinese sausages. Not sure if we'll have a salad or a veggie.

Turkey sandwich for lunch. I am peeved that I had no lettuce. When I opened the wrapper the whole head was rotten.

turkey_sandwich_041718_IMG_4032.jpg

Dinner will probably be leftover turkey dinner with green beans as the veggie.

Pulled a bowl of chili from the freezer and will be making 2 chili enchiladas in a small casserole, using the soup juice mixed with salsa and some grated cheese for topping.

Warmed buttered and rolled tortillas alongside.

Pan seared scallops with garlic/lemon/parsley butter, and a veggie yet to be determined.

It was delish. Had an early dinner - the kitchen is now cleaned up and closed at 4PM. Tyler has a baseball game from 5-7, and I want to relax later after I get home instead of cooking and clean up. :chef::LOL:
pan seared scallops on pasta.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great Cheryl!

Tonight's Tuesday, so I had steak. Seems like that's what I always have on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

U6Sv2yM.jpg

Baked chicken, stuffing, green beans here. Taxes sent in late this afternoon. Thankful for those hard working tax preparers.

Last edited:
Well DD wanted turkey sandwiches for dinner. She bought a loaf of seeded sliced Italian bread and butter lettuce. Add some mayo and stuffing to the sandwich and cranberry sauce on the side and it was very good.

dinner_turkey_sandwich_041718_IMG_4036.jpg

It was very windy, but no burn ban, so I fired up the Weber Wok. Jumbo shrimp and sea scallops (wild caught, USA, or course), red and orange bell peppers, Texas 1015 sweet onions, mushrooms and garlic.

Weber has a grate with a hole in it to handle things like a griddle and a wok. The cast-iron wok sits in the hole, so it is about and inch above the coals in the middle. It gets REALLY hot, but nothing burns, and nothing sticks. It is really easy to cook with.

CD

Attachments

• Wok002.jpg
    Wok002.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Casey - awesome! gotta check that out for my platinum Weber. Still in Columbus OH. dinner tonight at Longhorns. Parm chicken and spaghetti squash - my favorite there. Taxes done a few weeks back (thank you H&R Block), I have to do that they way I travel. One more week after this on the road and VACATION - GOLF TRIP with the boys, May 2-5. Yahooooo. Jealous for you guys dinners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom