Terrific Tuesday dinner plans anyone? 8/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not cooking dinner tonight at home tonight, just working on some recipes. Awesome. I see cornish game hens, pine nuts, dried apricots, a cartload of mirepoix, pomegranate concentrate, chicken stock and asparagus. No starch. I'd ask what's going on but that usually just gets me physically beaten and thrown out.

I do know I've got parma ham and parm reg in the fridge, and lemon oil, so I am going to have to risk stealing some of the asparagus before too long.

LEFSElover - thanks for getting these going every day.

ChefScotty said:
I'm not cooking dinner tonight at home tonight, just working on some recipes. Awesome. I see cornish game hens, pine nuts, dried apricots, a cartload of mirepoix, pomegranate concentrate, chicken stock and asparagus. No starch. I'd ask what's going on but that usually just gets me physically beaten and thrown out.

I do know I've got parma ham and parm reg in the fridge, and lemon oil, so I am going to have to risk stealing some of the asparagus before too long.

LEFSElover - thanks for getting these going every day.
oh, well, you're welcome but usually I am not home, not in this state or this country so I'm not on to even get to see what people post for dinner. I really like this thread as it's helped me so many times in the passed. Funny thing is wonder if anyone ever reads them or just posts their answers as I wonder why no one mentioned to me who the 4 men were. oh well, no matter..:rolleyes: .......have a good Tuesday...........:-p

Michael in FtW said:
I'm half color-blind ... I can't read half of the original post .... those cute pastel colors just fade into the background ....

I'm having baked country style pork ribs (just seasoned with salt and pepper) - some mashed boiled turnips with plenty of butter and S&P - a baked sweet potato with plenty of butter and S&P .... and some buttermilk cornbread.

Tomorrow ... I might make shrimp and okra gumbo ... I just need to go buy some rice ...

Nothing wrong with beef and bean burritos Bangbang .... that's how most of my "left over for more than two days" chili winds up ...

Run Out ... butter beans, smoked ham hocks, and cornbread ... probably going to be on my plate this weekend.

I'm sorry Michael, I just can't seem to leave anything alone and I love that option of inserting color to my posts. Forgive me, good to see you on the thread though:w00t2:

tonight i made pork brasciole. alix asked for a recipe, so i'll post one as soon as i can. i took a few pics as well, but the wife had the camera, and was putting our boy to bed as i was leaving for work. i'll post pics with it if they came out ok.
i used pork tenderloins which were good and tender, but they were a little too lean for this dish. you really need some fat for moisture and flavor.

after browning, the brasciole were simmered in fresh tomato sauce (tomatoes from the garden) with garlic, onions, and fresh thyme. with a side of penne.

Well, I think the party for our new African friend was a success. My French is so poor. I can still manage to barely understand a few words here and there so that I can often gather the gist of a conversation. (His English is excellent, but occasionally his companion has to explain something to him and I was trying to follow that). If he actually moves here (something he's considering) maybe I'll get better. Everyone seemed to like the NM green chili stew.

Dina said:
Stomboli with Mozzarella, Provolone, hot pepper cheese, Capicola ham, all-meat bologna, pepperoni, salami, onion, bell pepper and frozen Italian bread dough

I love Strombolis Dina! What sauce do you use on yours?

Back
Top Bottom