TGI Friday 5/29.. Dinner, Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
What we've got here is an Ikea-Inspired Cheese Steak !

Rib Eye, Cooked on a Flat Iron Skillet, topped with Provolone and smothered in Sauteed Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms... Okra, Corn an Tomatoes, French Fries and the Sos...

Rib Eye Cheese Steak , Ikea.jpg

A beer burger (yes it has some beer in it), mushroom ketchup, beer braised onions, sharp cheddar, on homemade pretzel buns, with steak fries.

Attachments

• 2020-05-29 17.56.30.jpg
    2020-05-29 17.56.30.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 62
Tonight is calzone night. I haven't made one in years. I have a bag of dough for one pizza that I'll use and a selection of coldcuts and cheeses. Genoa salami, Sweet and hot cappacola, mortadella, provolone, mozzarella and parm reg. I think I'll have some marinara for dipping or to put into the calzone.

We ordered from Mr. Falalfel. It's just too hot to cook. Well, I'm too hot to feel the least bit like cooking.

Snacked on some dirty cajun shrimp...

39817-albums888-picture8293.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Not photo worthy, but a delicious dinner just the same.

Seasoned and floured thighs well browned, then smothered in the oven with a buttermilk mushroom gravy, and served over Jasmine rice with sides of spinach salad.
We have drunk ice cream for later.
ohhhh yesss...

Last edited:
Tonight is calzone night. I haven't made one in years. I have a bag of dough for one pizza that I'll use and a selection of coldcuts and cheeses. Genoa salami, Sweet and hot cappacola, mortadella, provolone, mozzarella and parm reg. I think I'll have some marinara for dipping or to put into the calzone.

The finished product. The recipe needs some work.

Attachments

• 62E2978B-704A-4882-ABFD-DE6D8EA56CE4_1_105_c.jpg
    62E2978B-704A-4882-ABFD-DE6D8EA56CE4_1_105_c.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 130A60A9-665E-4533-8D71-E9780B0307CA_1_105_c.jpg
    130A60A9-665E-4533-8D71-E9780B0307CA_1_105_c.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 56
We had leftovers. Himself (over)ate the Thai leftovers; I cleaned up the bangers-and-mash with a side of peas. He didn't have room for dessert, but I did! After some tasty watermelon, I had a couple Entenmann's mini chocolate chips cookies. I buy them when they're on sale for a buck a box.

Fridays are our "order in" dinners because I have to do my immunoglobulin treatment. We have been spreading the love around to different restaurants to not get tired of one thing and also to help businesses that are hurting.

Tonight we went through a few choices that didn't pan out (one was closed, another no longer serves non-battered fish) so we ended up with our favourite, Nando's. I had double chicken skewers with Caesar salad and chippers. TB had double legs with spicy rice and a Casa salad.

I ended it off with a small bowl of ice cream!

I didn't feel up to cooking last night, so we ordered pizza from our local pizza shop. There must have been a lot of other people feeling the same way, or celebrating the weekend, because it took twice as long as it usually does. It's worth it, though :yum:

Back
Top Bottom