TGI Friday (Dinner 19th Of August)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want to make stuffed acorn squash but I'm not sure the hubby will go for it. He's not a fan of winter squash in general and might fuss that the house will get to hot if I use the oven. We have fish that needs using up before it ends up freezer burned so that's a possibility also. Not sure what I'll make with it though. Maye sweet potato fries.

I really want to make stuffed acorn squash but I'm not sure the hubby will go for it. He's not a fan of winter squash in general and might fuss that the house will get to hot if I use the oven. We have fish that needs using up before it ends up freezer burned so that's a possibility also. Not sure what I'll make with it though. Maye sweet potato fries.

How about stuffing the squash and stuffing a pepper or Aubergine for hubby?
I often stuff various veggies with a meat sauce (the kind you make for lasagna) Then top with bechemel and cheese. Grill till golden and serve with rice. Yummy!
You could steam the veggies before hand, then fill and just pop under a hot grill till golden.

After hunting up that link for Patty and looking at the picture of that sloppy joe on Mama's site... I've decided to fix tacos tonight.
Just kidding, sloppy joe's for me tonight on toasted French garlic bread with some kind of cheese on top. I think I'll bread and fry some zucchini, too.

Cook them on the gas grill.

Boneless Shell steaks (australian) were on sale. So that will be dinner with red potatoes (I may make potato salad with them), corn on the cob and a small salad.

VanillaBeans Sausage casserole stuffed in some green and red bell peppers.

Salad

Amish peach pie from the farmers market.

Avocado crab cold soup. Roasted pork tenderloin. Cold salad and assorted grilled veggies. English trifle (extra sherry!) for desert. I'm cooking for 10 tonight!

I'm thinking brats on the grill. I have onions and peppers that I can saute and sauerkraut to top them with. Have red potato salad left from last night. That should do us for a meal. If anyone is still hungry, there's ice cream sandwiches (chocolate chip cookie ones or ones with black cherry ice cream) in the freezer.

Dinner in a pot tonight. I don't care if it's still summer.. I want some down home cookin. Thank goodness for AC.

Black Eye Peas, pork trimmings from a full flat of ribs, onion, celery, garlic, assorted southern style greens. Everything is simmering in chicken broth. Trying to decide if I'll add a can of tomatoes a little later. Smelling good!!
Think I'll make some Mexican cornbread too.

I'm going to make some potato soup tonight, too. I took a ham steak out of the freezer and have that bacon I cooked a few nights ago that I've been waiting to use up on something good.

We have left over roast chicken and gravy, some left over elbow pasta, and lots of veggies....I'm thinking I need to get creative.....

My potato salad is made and chilling. Dinner will be stove top grilled shell steaks, potato salad, corn on the cob and a simple salad.

Dinner in a pot tonight. I don't care if it's still summer.. I want some down home cookin. Thank goodness for AC.

Black Eye Peas, pork trimmings from a full flat of ribs, onion, celery, garlic, assorted southern style greens. Everything is simmering in chicken broth. Trying to decide if I'll add a can of tomatoes a little later. Smelling good!!
Think I'll make some Mexican cornbread too.

This is sure tasty. I nixed the tomato idea.
img_1039147_0_80b4f4beb678a680f664c7479e9474f9.jpg

I'd have nixed the tomato idea, too.
Looks like ultimate Italian wedding soup. You need some little meatballs in there, lol. Very tasty looking.

Back
Top Bottom