TGI Friday the 15th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of cover pics...
How 'bout that pizza on King Arthur's latest?

Some friends were going to bring fireworks they bought (but can't use in NC) on the 4th but weather prevented it. For various reasons it had to keep being put off, so they are supposed to bring them over tonight, along with hot dogs to grill and stuff to make S'Mores. If something comes up and we have to put it off again James and I will have turkey Kielbasa, cottage cheese, and baked beans. :cool:

I'm not sure. Reading about mac and cheese has me wanting some of that. So I may make up a batch and add some ground beef and lemon pepper. I do have a large bowl of peaches sliced up that we'll have for dessert on some sour cream pound cake with whipped cream.

I have some chicken legs and chicken thighs to cook up tonight. probably have some garden veg on the side.

My pastrami was done early. I may have a Rachel (I think it's called) later... after my mac and cheese. Or maybe I'll eat late and have both at the same time. I'm not really hungry right now anyway.

Making meatloaf. The last one came out really well, so I'm glad I made a recipe sheet so I can re-create it tonight.

When I saw the mention of mac and cheese it reminded me of my grandchildren who were down for a week. I made that one night but by my own recipe (not the box). After dinner we were all sitting around and I catch a glimpse of two of the girls with a dessert dish full of mac and cheese. I was totally surprised since they only get the boxed stuff at home.

Well tonight is just Ken and I, but I'm making the full meal deal anyway. I have a pork loin in the oven. I rubbed it with garlic and pepper after brining it for an hour or so. There are 4 lovely red potatoes roasting with the pork. I'll put out the sour cream and bacon bits for those, and there is a caesar salad ready to toss as well. I made pinwheel appys but we'll save those for a late night snack I think. I just need to decide on what cooked veggie we will have. I'm tossing around either creamed corn (since neither of the kids like it I save it for when we're alone) or some sautéed peapods with tomato and peppers.

another late lunch, a fried egg with runny yolk and chips. so i'm thinking just a salad. i have some tuna in a pouch . also artichoke hearts in marinade, lots of pickles, olives, etc. also have some spinach and artichoke dip. and fritos. so will make a meal from all that stuff later this evening.

Wow, you had quite a few meals out of that! I do that sometimes... make too much. I think it's fun to see what kind of meal I can come up with from the leftovers.

Yes, I had a plan. I didn't want to go to all the trouble of cooking peppers, onions and just one sausage. Also I had 1 cup of marinara that I had thawed out. I wanted to use it all. Second night all I had to do was cook pasta and slice sausage, add the rest of the marinara and reheat that with the peppers and onions. Tonight all I had to do was reheat.:chef:

Last edited:
I put a beef roast in the crock-pot this morning with carrots, celery and onion. I might make mashed potatoes with that... not sure yet.
Here was dinner.

img_1023892_0_bddacd3d4deecbceab25a5ecdec720a8.jpg

img_1023892_1_71b054e08f01ce4d81f419b6389df575.jpg

Back
Top Bottom