TGIF 2/17 .. Anyone Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to jump the gun but since I wimped out on dinner tonight, I'm thinking about tomorrow already. I have some udon noodles, lime juice, cilantro and Thai chili sauce.

I thought about picking up some coconut milk, peanuts and chicken tomorrow. Any other idears?

Snow peas, and water chestnuts. Need some more crunch in there. Sounds awesome though.

Snow peas, and water chestnuts. Need some more crunch in there. Sounds awesome though.

Ooh! Good idea. That would add and extra shot of "juiciness" too.

I made something similar once and while the flavor was right, it felt like my mouth was full of paste. Ick.

No. Not really cooking. It's raining. Not motivated. So I'm just making some rice and heating the shredded remains of this week's pork ribeye roast with some tomato pesto and tomato sauce to go with the rice.

Not sure which one of you mad scientists brought up the idea of taco meat mixed with blue-box mac and cheese, but I have been fascinated with it in my head ever since. I love all things blue box and spray cheese, so sue me. Taco salad last night, so I get to test it out today with the leftover meat. Strangely, I am rather excited!

I have an Italian casserole in the oven, with bow tie pasta and all kinds of goodies like sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I've made it before with chicken, but this time I'm using hot Italian sausage. It was great with chicken so we'll see what happens with sausage. We'll have green salad too.

Not sure which one of you mad scientists brought up the idea of taco meat mixed with blue-box mac and cheese, but I have been fascinated with it in my head ever since. I love all things blue box and spray cheese, so sue me. Taco salad last night, so I get to test it out today with the leftover meat. Strangely, I am rather excited!

I love that too!! Add a can of diced tomatoes, or better yet, Rotel tomatoes with chili's, and it's over the top good. :yum:

Kayelle, I think it might have been you that originally suggested it, and I have been obsessed with it ever since. And I totally have a can of Rotel in the pantry, I was planning on adding a bit of salsa but the Rotel would be AWESOME, can't wait to experiment. I know Sandy Lee often gets knocked for her semi-homemade approach, but I am all about taking pantry items and making them into something extraordinary with the help of my overflowing spice cabinet. Scratch cooking reigns, but semi-homemade cooking has it's place....at least in my busy world!

Leftover Thai from lunch, and finished off the caramel apple, following another afternoon of lengthy and extremely tedious meetings. Blech.

Kayelle, I think it might have been you that originally suggested it, and I have been obsessed with it ever since. And I totally have a can of Rotel in the pantry, I was planning on adding a bit of salsa but the Rotel would be AWESOME, can't wait to experiment. I know Sandy Lee often gets knocked for her semi-homemade approach, but I am all about taking pantry items and making them into something extraordinary with the help of my overflowing spice cabinet. Scratch cooking reigns, but semi-homemade cooking has it's place....at least in my busy world!

You bet Lisa, and well said. Anything made in your own kitchen has to be better than fast food, and more economical to boot. I prefer and enjoy cooking from scratch as much as possible, but I have time on my side. Still, there are times I make no excuses for putting a delicious meal on the table with big time shortcuts! ;)

That blue box mac and cheese is probably my favorite food ever :ninja:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom