TGIF .. 2/3 .. What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Dinner tonight will be TJ's mandarin orange chicken served over jasmine rice with stir fried veggies.

Enjoy the day :)

Shopping day today, so we haven't decided yet.:neutral:

Craig

We'll have beef bourguignon, hot slices of N.Y. Times bread with butter, iced tea and the last of the Snow on the Mountain.

I have the beef cooking now and I can hardly stand how good it smells. I hope I can last until suppertime.:yum:

I went over to a local BBQ place and picked up a couple pounds smoked pulled pork for Sunday Superbowl for either burritos or tacos. Requested bbq sauce on the side so they didn't mix it in. My brain got light headed and my tongue accidentally blurted out And A Rack Of Ribs Too Please. So it's Ribs for dinner along with some of their good jo-jo taters and will put together my own coleslaw. I need to remember to congratulate my brain for its quick thinking after I lick my lips one more time.

Well, we were going to go to our friends' tonight and the meal that was planned was ribeye steaks. Then the menu changed to hamburgers on the grill, and baked beans. I have been feeling a little queasy though, so we are putting off going over there until tomorrow. So as of now, I have no idea what is for supper tonight! I guess I'd better make up my mind soon! We had a late lunch though, so I still have a little time to figure it out. :)

Ordered calazone and hot wings for all of us to split but I did make it to the grocery store so I won't be eating out again for awhile.

I had leftover wings, rice and green bean casserole. There's still some of that left and also spaghetti and meatballs, and a couple of chicken sandwiches. The yungun and DH are on their own.

After returning from another (blech) out of town meeting, it may be clean out the fridge and popcorn. DH had a big lunch and isn't really hungry.

Whiskadoodle said:
I went over to a local BBQ place and picked up a couple pounds smoked pulled pork for Sunday Superbowl for either burritos or tacos. Requested bbq sauce on the side so they didn't mix it in. My brain got light headed and my tongue accidentally blurted out And A Rack Of Ribs Too Please. So it's Ribs for dinner along with some of their good jo-jo taters and will put together my own coleslaw. I need to remember to congratulate my brain for its quick thinking after I lick my lips one more time.

Amen! Pulled pork w/ bbq is probably my favorite dish.

Amen! Pulled pork w/ bbq is probably my favorite dish.

Hey, Deb! I live in the heartland of pulled pork, but I can create nearly a duplicate of what most of our smokesters produce here using my stovetop smoker, which I've had for at least 10 years.

I have no connection to the company but I could be their lead cheerleader. I was a little suspicious about turning a piece of Boston butt into great barbecue. Well....at the moment I have 3 containers of the tasty stuff in my freezer.

So, don't worry about where you live. Pulled pork can be in your future no matter where you are.

I am doing the low carb thing, so I had three oven fried drumsticks. I mixed a whole lot of cajun seasoning into a little bit of flour and rubbed that onto the drumsticks. Then I stuck them in the oven at 350F until they looked done. They turned out yummy and I didn't need any salt on them. I am having cucumber slices with babaganoush now.

Katie H said:
Hey, Deb! I live in the heartland of pulled pork, but I can create nearly a duplicate of what most of our smokesters produce here using my stovetop smoker, which I've had for at least 10 years.

I have no connection to the company but I could be their lead cheerleader. I was a little suspicious about turning a piece of Boston butt into great barbecue. Well....at the moment I have 3 containers of the tasty stuff in my freezer.

So, don't worry about where you live. Pulled pork can be in your future no matter where you are.

Someday I will try my hand at making it. I am still looking for good pulled pork here in Connecticut. I'd take suggestions, but that's for another thread :)

A bacon and broccoli sub and a cup of beef and barley soup from last night. burp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom