TGIF, 25 May Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonight we were supposed to go to a local indian restaurnt that we've never been to. unfortunately, i fell asleep around 5:30 and woke up at around 8 and my sis got a shower around 7:30 so that plan was shot. so i woke up to the rents having ordered in swiss chalet, which was good!:chef:

legend_018 said:
What is Janssen's Temptation?

The plan is to have my buffalo wings and a spinache/cheese quiche that I'll make. We had this dinner probably within the last 2 weeks, but I love it.
It's going to be hot today, so anything could change.
As Katie E has correctly explained, it is a Swedish dish with julienned potatoes, onions and anchovies topped with cream sauce. I tried this dish a long time ago in Sweden and fell in love with it! I believe the Swedish name is Janssons Frestelse.

YT2095 said:
A big plate of Chips tonight.
my Gout has flared up really bad today and so I need to eat something neutral, boring I KNOW, but such is life!
YT, I feel your pain! Perhaps you might want to try drinking a tea made out of stinging nettle (fresh or dried) to flush out the uric acid. It is known to help relieve the pain. Also plain watery rice porridge with some light side dishes could help your condition. Good luck!

amber said:
Lobster has finally come down in price from $20 per pound to $8.49 per pound (while supplies last so my grocery store said), so I bought one for my dinner tonight and corn on the cob to go with it. Hubby doesnt like lobster (can you imagine :LOL:), so he's having a chicken breast sandwich with sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese on a broiled garlic roll.
Lobster? How I wish I was there to grab a few kilos!! Here it's selling for a staggering 20 Euros or more!

Back
Top Bottom