TGIF, 25 May Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boufa06

Executive Chef
It's fish day for me and DH. Will be preparing mackerel wrapped in vine leaves and baked in the oven plus Janssen's Temptation.

What is everyone having today?

boufa06 said:
plus Janssen's Temptation.

What is Janssen's Temptation?

The plan is to have my buffalo wings and a spinache/cheese quiche that I'll make. We had this dinner probably within the last 2 weeks, but I love it.
It's going to be hot today, so anything could change.

This thread is haunting me. It's a constant reminder that I have no idea what to make this evening. Nothing appeals to me since I've been a bit under the weather.

Last night, I made Mr HB breakfast (sausage gravy, bacon, waffles and eggs) so I can't do that again.

A big plate of Chips tonight.
my Gout has flared up really bad today and so I need to eat something neutral, boring I KNOW, but such is life!

legend_018 said:
What is Janssen's Temptation?

The plan is to have my buffalo wings and a spinache/cheese quiche that I'll make. We had this dinner probably within the last 2 weeks, but I love it.
It's going to be hot today, so anything could change.

Janssen's Temptation is a little like scalloped potatoes with onions and anchovies.

Roasted chicken with balsamic vinegarette, green beans, herbed potatoes and hopefully a green salad.

I have a ham, turkey, and swiss cheese panino with tomato and baby greens (the GF5 was already sitting out on the counter), a couple of handfuls of Doritos, a banana, and the second to last piece of peach pie in my little lunch sack. I'll wash that down with a minibottle of San (not SAM!) Pellegrino.

For supper, I have this craving for a mushroom cheesesteak hoagie with lettuce and mayonaise. This will be accompanied by a styrofoam cup full of pepperoncini, a cold Cherry Coke Zero, and later on, the last piece of peach pie with a scoop of Breyer's peach ice cream.

My goal tonight is quick and easy since it's so warm here! Unfortunately our grill sits in the worst of the afternoon sun so I don't think I'll even grill tonight. I'll probably just make us hoagies and large tossed salads. Watermellon for dessert.

Our exchange student is taking me out for a belated Mother's Day dinner. I think we'll go to a local Mexican place - I have a hankering for chicken fajitas. DH is on his own :)

We're eating on the road likely, or maybe we will be in Saskatoon by supper time. I'm thinking Quiznos if I can find one, or Boston Pizza if we get there in time.

Lobster has finally come down in price from $20 per pound to $8.49 per pound (while supplies last so my grocery store said), so I bought one for my dinner tonight and corn on the cob to go with it. Hubby doesnt like lobster (can you imagine :LOL:), so he's having a chicken breast sandwich with sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese on a broiled garlic roll.

amber said:
Lobster has finally come down in price from $20 per pound to $8.49 per pound (while supplies last so my grocery store said), so I bought one for my dinner tonight and corn on the cob to go with it. Hubby doesnt like lobster (can you imagine :LOL:), so he's having a chicken breast sandwich with sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese on a broiled garlic roll.

I love lobster, but would have never thought it would be that high in Maine - always had in my head that all seafood was so much cheaper on the east coast. Hmmm :huh:

..........I don't know if we'll be home for dinner or not.
gotta wait for the phone call from the man of my dreams to tell me and that won't happen into later on in the day. I'm watching Ina doing some meatballs right now and am thinking I should go to the market and get veal/pork/beef so I can make hers. Hummmmmm, what'd'ya think?

she's talking about Rao's in New York. anyone ever been fortunate enough to get in?

Alix said:
We're eating on the road likely, or maybe we will be in Saskatoon by supper time. I'm thinking Quiznos if I can find one, or Boston Pizza if we get there in time.

Try the Wilcox Motor Inn, on highway 39.

I don't remember the year (early 1900s?) but didn't the dockworkers in MA revolt because they were fed lobster too many times per week? I believe they settled it with a contract that stated lobster would only be served twice a week.

I was trying to find it on the internet but couldn't find anything. (Lol, I must have dreamed it.)

Last edited:
We are going out!! Best hamburgers and shakes in town, so big that we get one of each and share.

Half Baked said:
I don't remember the year (early 1900s?) but didn't the dockworkers in Maine revolt because they were fed lobster too many times per week? I believe they settled it with a contract that stated lobster would only be served twice a week.

I was trying to find it on the internet but couldn't find anything. (Lol, I must have dreamed it.)

Back in Colonial times, lobster was considered "trash food", and wasn't eaten by the elite. Instead, it was fed to slaves.

I have no earthly idea what I'm going to be making for dinner. I had best get on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom