TGIF Dinner?? 2/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Leftovers !
Rice,Beef & Potatoes are new, tho' ...........

Leftovers.jpg

Resurrected a container of Sunday rags with meatballs and sausages for dinner tonight. We used spaghetti for pasta and had a side of green beans.

DW and I had perfect medium-rare BBQ grilled Angus Rib-Eyes, with double-baked cheesy potatoes, and some ever-present essential greenery.

Attachments

• IMG_9424- Angus Rib-Eye.jpg
    IMG_9424- Angus Rib-Eye.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 132
I made a ham and Swiss cheese quiche. I planned on making salads, too, but lazied out. Instead, I tossed a bunch of arugula into the quiche and called it good. I also used pre-diced ham that was on sale. Easy and cheap - sweet! Tasty, too.
IMG_20200221_212605172.jpgIMG_20200221_214951406.jpg

We really enjoyed our dinner tonight.

This afternoon I made Mango salsa, something like my pineapple salsa. It's really tasty and I put it away to chill. I had some itty bitty fingerling potatoes so I split them in half and fried them in duck fat, in a sauce pan.
While the grilled swordfish steaks were kept warm and rested, I added asparagus to the potatoes to steam to crisp tender, and the meal came together perfectly. :yum:

Attachments

• P2210029.jpg
    P2210029.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 103
I made a ham and Swiss cheese quiche. I planned on making salads, too, but lazied out. Instead, I tossed a bunch of arugula into the quiche and called it good. I also used pre-diced ham that was on sale. Easy and cheap - sweet! Tasty, too.
View attachment 39243View attachment 39244

Oh my gosh CG, YUM!
I haven't made a Quiche in forever! I'll be right over with a bottle of wine as my contribution. ;)

Better hurry, K-Girl, it's already half gone.

Never mind, just let me know if you guys are headed this way, and I'll make a fresh one for the four of us. Or is quiche something that brings out the whiny 10-year-old boy in your DH? :LOL:

Ha, do I have him pegged, or what? That's OK, it just means more quiche for the three of us. I'm sure I can make sure I have enough leftovers of something he would like. ;)

Wait, you're going to tell me he won't eat leftovers, aren't you...:ermm:

Ha, do I have him pegged, or what? That's OK, it just means more quiche for the three of us. I'm sure I can make sure I have enough leftovers of something he would like. ;)

Wait, you're going to tell me he won't eat leftovers, aren't you...:ermm:

Umm, yea kinda … that's if he liked it the first time around, MAYBE he'll eat leftovers once around the block, but no more than that … that's when I have it for breakfast for a coupla day

laughs and giggles2 .jpg

'Member now, we're talking about a "whiny 10 year old little boy" and please let me add here, picky-eater, spoiled, rotten, BRAT to-boot!!!

"Ewww, I don't like that!"
"Ewww, that's too creamy, I don't like that!"
"Ewww, what is THAT? I don't like that!"

(please insert the 'whine' here for the proper effect, and I don't mean wine, as in the grape juice that I drink :LOL:)

But I got him that way, so there ya go

laughs and giggles .jpg

We really enjoyed our dinner tonight.

This afternoon I made Mango salsa, something like my pineapple salsa. It's really tasty and I put it away to chill. I had some itty bitty fingerling potatoes so I split them in half and fried them in duck fat, in a sauce pan.
While the grilled swordfish steaks were kept warm and rested, I added asparagus to the potatoes to steam to crisp tender, and the meal came together perfectly. :yum:

Co-incidentally before reading your post, I was today wishing I could have a nicely grilled swordfish steak sometime soon.

Sure wish we could regularly find & get swordfish steaks up here on the west coast of Canada ! Don't know why I only see them available at some supermarket or fishmonger maybe once a year, if that.
And when I do spot some they look like they've been in the showcase for a week or more, and I'm afraid to take the chance buying any. Alas.

Last edited:
Ended up going out to a Vietnamese place last night. Had fried shrimp and pork eggrolls, shrimp springrolls, Asian clams in a lemongrass/Thai basil/bird chile broth that was fantastic, and a hotpot for 2 that had beef slices, shrimp, fish, octopus, fish balls, assorted cabbages, corn, tomatoes and enoki mushrooms. Good meal.

Co-incidentally before reading your post, I was today wishing I could have a nicely grilled swordfish steak sometime soon.

Sure wish we could regularly find & get swordfish steaks up here on the west coast of Canada ! Don't know why I only see them available at some supermarket or fishmonger maybe once a year, if that.
And when I do spot some they look like they've been in the showcase for a week or more, and I'm afraid to take the chance buying any. Alas.
Have you looked in the freezer section? Often there's a wider variety of seafood available there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom