TGIF, dinner plans, August 29, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Not sure what our dinner plans will be, depends on how hot or not it is at my house tonight, or today, while I'm in the planning stage.

what's anyone else having?

I wish someone would post....I need to go to the market and it will depend on what all the rest are having!!!

I just took a big package of venison steaks out....I see venison, onion gravy, and biscuits in my future...some garden veggies on the side....

Leaving for Oregon after work. A friend and I are going to visit her parents. Dinner will be on the road.
Sushi tomorrow! yummy!!

I'm heading to the store today, so probably will have something I buy that's not frozen. Maybe some pressure cooker country ribs. I've been curious if I can load a bunch of them in there and have them come out like just doing four at a time. One way to find out!

heading to the beach tonight: crabs corn and beer tonight (rain or shine) Sat sis makes salmon one way ??, and Sunday I make with Thai peanut sauce, coconut rice and spicy stir fried long beans (string beans)
Monday will be hot dogs and baked beans!

Shepherd's pie from leftover excellent pork roast!
Fresh roma tomatoes and cucumber salad from our gardenlet.

grilling tonight, rain or shine. dw is out with my boy at a friend's house, so dinner is up to me before they get home.

i have chicken legs ready to go, but if there's no traffic on the way home, i'm going to stop off and get some lobsters, and an angus top round london broil.
lotsa great sales this week, but you have to battle through swarms of angry little old ladies to get to the fish counter. wish me luck.

Not sure. I might make a Leek and Bacon tart with fresh herbs and a green salad.

I'm thinking I'd like to open a big Cali chardonnay, and that would go good.

I also have some beautiful greens for salad. :)

On the other hand, I'm in the mood to bake some biscuits.

we're heading out for the weekend of camping and college football. Will grab a burger on the road to the campground. Probably have lots of fast food this weekend.

Dinner will be t-bone steaks, baby greens and white sweets. The weather is just perfect for the grill.

Tonight is another leftover, clean the fridge out night.
We have leftover pepperoni pizza, steamed blue crabs and potatoes and cabbage. (boy, that should be interesting.....):LOL:

Bucky, I too am on my own tonight. I did well last night making two batches of corn bread (one gluten free one regular) so I may experiment tonight.

I still have fresh basil from my neighbour so I may just do pesto linguini for one!

It is good to be back in the kitchen even if I still have to be careful on my leg.

They're on their way luvs....

I didn't make it to the store, so it will be grilled ribeye and grilled potatoes and something green from a can (beans), sauteed in EVOO with some Italian seasoning added. I'm hoping they are the French cut, but I haven't looked yet.

Back
Top Bottom