TGIF, June 1, 2007 dinner plans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Gad it's early here. It was 4 am when I posted this...
Dinner tonight for me will be salad and steamed vegetables............... probably Caesar salad with iced tea. I know it's boring but I like it.

What's cookin in anyone elses kitchen?

Edited because now I've actually 'had' that dinner I was planning out at 4:00 am. It was at a local hot spot, someone gave me the nudge toward it after I asked locals where to eat. "Sonoma Chicken Coop". :chicken:
Sonoma Chicken Coop - San Jose, Pizza, Pasta, Roasted Chicken, Weekly Specials, San Pedro Square, Restaurant
Iced tea and a huge Caesar Salad with grilled chicken and I brought 1/2 of it back. Stopped at Peet's for a "new to me" adventure in their famed coffee. Pretty darned good so I bought 2 [1/2 lb] bags. Hope by the time I get it home, the DH will love it too.

Last edited:
My plan is to cook up some cheese burgers. To go with this, I'll serve french fries and a cold pasta dish.

The cold pasta dish is tri colored pasta cooked and mixed with slices of different colored peppers, olives, tomatoes, red onions and all mixed around with a Greek Vinegrette dressing and refrigerated for a couple of hours. the Greek Vinegrette dressing is somethign I picked up at the grocery store this morning. I food shop on Friday mornings.

I just but a brisket into my smoker. Of course, I'm running an hour behind, thanks to an early-morning strong T-storm.

Probably have baked beans, not sure what else. Might have to make some cole slaw. I might even make some devilled eggs, if I can keep the family out of them.

I'm going to roast a chicken and don't know what else. I'd like to do something light but haven't decided in what direction to go. A neighbor gave us zuchinni, onions, new potatoes and another friend gave us a huge bag of grapefruit. I also have some fresh green beans and yellow squash so the verdict isn't in.

Leftovers for lunch again. The last leftover 1/4 pound hot dog, leftover macaroni salad, a leftover banana, and a leftover piece of apple pie.

If I am hungry for supper (my stomach seems to have shrunk from eating 5 or 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones for the last 6 or 7 years) I just might go for one of those new Carl's Jr. Hawaiian burgers with the grilled pineapple and teriyaki sauce for supper. If not, well, tomorrow is cat adoption day, we usually all get junk food for lunch, there is a Carl's Jr just down the street from PetSmart, and I am usually the "gopher" so....

tonight will be sushi once more.

it's been several weeks since we've gotten sushi. we're trying to budget more, and dw has really gotten into cooking lately, so we stopped getting take out so often. also trying to drop a few pounds.

it's nice to come home and play with my boy while she cooks, then we all sit down and dig in. even though she plays it really cool, i love to see her see me enjoy her cooking.

Not a clue friends- not a clue- but, whatever you're having I hope it's great!!!Love and energy, Vicki

We're going to roast weinies over the fire pit! Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Maybe s'mores too. Um...I guess I'd better go buy some graham crackers for that huh?

Quick and easy tonight, (it's 86` and humid here).
Soooo it's going to be a beef and veggie stir fry:)

Katie E said:
A scalloped potato/kielbasa meal in the crock-pot. I'm experimenting this month. Nearly all my meals for the month of June are going to be cooked in the crock-pot. It should be an interesting experiment.

Let me know how it turns out. that recipe sounds interesting and I'm picky about what crock pot recipes I try. I do have a kielbasa meal that I cook in the crockpot. It's more for appetizers or for making kielbasa sandwiches. It has chili sauce and brown sugar in it. That's all I can remember for now.

skipped the frenchfries tonight. beats turning the oven on to 450 and got a little lazy. had the fresh greek pasta salad I made earlier and we each had one big fat cheese burger with fixings. It was yummy and enough. The frenchfries would of been over kill anyways.

Killer heat here too, so no need to turn the oven on.I'm goingo to make thai fried rice, using leftover rice. mm-mmm!
dunno if anything else will get made, but i just noticed the time so i gotta scaddadle!;)

Back
Top Bottom