TGIFriday, 1/14/2011, What's on the menu today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have 2 B/S chicken breasts left from the package I started for the sesame chicken yesterday. So it will probably be something with chicken, stock and assorted veggies.
Any plans?

Last edited:
Vietnamese hot sour noodle soup w/ prawns. :) Maybe some spring rolls too. (will make the soup but cheat on the spring rolls and use frozen... *hides in shame* lol)

I'm going to finish off the rest of the criminis I made bisque with yesterday by turning them into a sauce with some shallots, wine and balsamic vinegar. That sauce will have a grilled ribeye underneath. And I've got some asparagus just screaming for me to wrap in bacon and grill. I just bought 10 lbs of spuds yesterday, so I better use a couple of them up, also.

We will be having the sausage links and potatoe salad that we didn't end up having last night.

Working on using from the freezer today, I have pork chili thawed for whenever I get hungry and am taking out a split pea/baby lima soup for later or tomorrow if I get a good idea from the Krab thread.

The split pea/baby lima was a result of having to have enough beans to go with a huge pork butt bone. I only had one cup of each so I decided to try mixing them. The result was really good. The baby limas lurk in a bath of split peas and ham and burst into flavor when bitten into. Surprisingly YUMMY!

Friday done and done for me!

Lunch - Eggwhite omlette with veggies from the garden and a range of spices (It was lovely but a touch bland for my tastes... needed something to lift it up since it lacked the egg yolk).

Dinner - After spending ages trying to work out what the heck it was I had a craving for I worked it out - TOMATOES! I had no time to make a salsa but I was able to indulge myself in an english muffin rubbed with garlic and tomato (plus the obligatory salt and pepper). Sort of borderline cooking but... it was divine.

I have absolutely no idea...today is my big lesson day, teaching the same class at 3 different times. The last is at 10 pm tonight to catch the nightshift. I'm thinking I will treat myself with a trip to the taco joint on the corner.

Crockpot pulled pork for the family. I'm working again tonight so I'm not sure what's on the menu there. New cook is goooood though so it will be yummy I'm sure.

Grumblebee, good to see you again! How's the snow level? I hear you guys don't have as much as we do but the roads are still garbage.

Crockpot pulled pork for the family. I'm working again tonight so I'm not sure what's on the menu there. New cook is goooood though so it will be yummy I'm sure.

New cook? You mean you hired a private chef without giving me first dibs on the job? :ermm::LOL:

I will be making pulled pork tomorrow for a luncheon meeting we are going to on Sunday. Today I am doing BethZaring's hamburger buns to go with it.

For today, DH is working a late shift and will be eating sandwiches in his bus on breaks so I am doing pizza for lunch.

Last edited:
New cook? You mean you hired a private chef without giving me first dibs on the job? :ermm::LOL:

I will be making pulled pork tomorrow for a luncheon meeting we are going to on Sunday. Today I am doing BethZaring's hamburger buns to go with it.

For today, DH is working a late shift and will be eating sandwiches in his bus on breaks so I am doing pizza for lunch.

New cook at WORK. Oh how I WISH you could come cook for us there. MMMMMMMMM!!!

Still lots of leftover spaghetti sauce from yesterday, so I'm going to create something using it and chicken pieces. Will have a side of home-canned green beans, along with linguine with olive oil and garlic. Probably finish with the last of the fresh coconut cake.

Tonight we're having chicken pot pie ... I poached some chicken breasts in broth, let it cool, shredded it, and will assemble and bake when I get home from dropping DS# at basketball, and picking up DS#3 from his friends' house.

Enjoy the day:chef:

We'll be eating out tonight. Picking up my oldest daughter at the bus stop for a weekend visit. I wanna go Thai, but we'll probably end up at a chain. Ugh! At least there is beer there.:LOL: Looks like my wife or daughter will be driving home.:stuart:

SO is having a mini lasagna she made during the snowstorm earlier this week. I'll pass - don't like lasagna. I'm gonna order some Chinese take-out.

I've decided to go ahead and have the split pea/baby limas soup for dinner tonight.

I don't really feel like cooking and the soup was really good when I made it.

Chicken, mushroom, carrot, onion and broccoli stir fry and tricolored quinoa and orzo pasta pilaf.

img_959284_0_acc05844d8c6efb000ab96ddf16ac124.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom