TGIFriday, 2/4/2011, What's on the menu today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken breast cubes dipped in batter and frying in peanut oil.

img_966356_0_6f6a6867b457fe8314c2be98434e28a2.jpg

Fried chicken cubes.

img_966356_1_01bab1e0c2639f9f8ac42d4788ffad76.jpg

Vegetables stir frying (EVOO, fresh garlic, red and green bell pepper, onion, carrot and green onion).

img_966356_2_6e268403a80ccdd9062a7f72425d6e09.jpg

Sweet and Sour Chicken

img_966356_3_f221171c048598097ea09b8bd401dfff.jpg

Dinner tonight was Sweet and Sour Chicken Dinner tonight was Sweet and Sour Chicken (chicken cubes, veggies, pineapple chunks and sauce) with Jasmine Rice. This was the first time for this recipe and we think it’s a keeper.

img_966356_4_7af357cc60aed153c832eccc30983684.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at msmofet's dish, I hate to make my black bean quesadillas, but that's what's on the menu for tonight - (unless msmofet has any leftovers - if so, I'll be right over!

After looking at msmofet's dish, I hate to make my black bean quesadillas, but that's what's on the menu for tonight - (unless msmofet has any leftovers - if so, I'll be right over!
Thank you. There is a little bit of the chicken and veggies left but no rice.

One of my pics has disappeared :(

Beautiful as usual MsM.;)

We've been gone to Yellowstone for a week so dinner was simple tonight.

DH asked me to pick up some Nathan's Dinner Franks to have for chili dogs. He was raised in NYC and said Nathan's dogs are Coney Island Dogs. Hmm, news to me.
I've always bought Hebrew National and thought they were very good until tonight! Those quarter pounder Nathan dinner franks were out of this world GOOD. I'm so done with ever buying anything else after tonight......without a doubt the best chili dog I've ever had in my life.
Sure made a believer outa me!

Beautiful as usual MsM.;)

We've been gone to Yellowstone for a week so dinner was simple tonight.

DH asked me to pick up some Nathan's Dinner Franks to have for chili dogs. He was raised in NYC and said Nathan's dogs are Coney Island Dogs. Hmm, news to me.
I've always bought Hebrew National and thought they were very good until tonight! Those quarter pounder Nathan dinner franks were out of this world GOOD. I'm so done with ever buying anything else after tonight......without a doubt the best chili dog I've ever had in my life.
Sure made a believer outa me!
Thank you K!!

Yup take it from a jersey girl. Nathan's are coneys!

Apricot chicken with snowpeas, broccoli and mashed potato. Easiest comfort food-style meal EVER.

I picked up apricots on special, have the other ingredients. Can you share the recipe?

There's two ways - the slow, whole foods way, or the quick, not-so-whole foods way. The quick way which was Friday's dinner, is simply a can of apricot nectar and a pack of french onion soup and whatever additions (I like adding garlic and mushrooms). The slower method is a bit more lengthy recipe involving making an apricot puree and the like. So it really depends on the time you have to make it :D

Back
Top Bottom