TGIFriday 4/22/11, What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feel better LP!! Cream of taco soup? YIKES!! LOL

DD requested Buttermilk Biscuits

img_992664_0_5dce790cd9b499fbc1ccaf077e92523b.jpg

If all goes well (my wrist is really hurting alot) Dinner tonight will be

Baked stuffed clams
Fried Cod Fillets
Tater tots or steak fries
Broccoli

The whole menu sound great. The buttermilk biscuits look yummy. Could you please share your recipe for the biscuits??

Hmmm...some cheese dip with salsa, heated and thinned with beef broth, top with sour cream. Taco seasoning to sprinkle on top. Soup!:chef: Use tortilla chips crumbled on top.

Yum! The way you say it it does sound good. But the tortilla chips will have to be very finely crumbled.! Thanks Princess! :)

Sigh... Head on shrimp. Not available here. Reminds me of the fabulous BBQ shrimp at Mr. B's in New Orleans. Much butter, Worcester, to die for.

Funny you should mention that!:rolleyes: Those shrimp are destin for just that!;) It will be Emerils recipe though. Especially with his homemade worchestershire! If you like the stuff and you haven't made some homemade, you are really missing out!:(

Craig

CraigC said:
Funny you should mention that!:rolleyes: Those shrimp are destin for just that!;) It will be Emerils recipe though. Especially with his homemade worchestershire! If you like the stuff and you haven't made some homemade, you are really missing out!:(

Craig

I am feeling head-on shrimp deprived. :(. Will def check out Emeril for my headless shrimp. I have Mr. B's recipe somewhere, a must have in Nawlins.

Last edited:
New Orleans Barbequed Shrimp
Don’t break out your grill for this dish. Here in New Orleans, barbecued shrimp means sautéed shrimp in Worcestershire-spiked butter sauce. We serve these shrimp with heads and tails on, so you need to dig in to enjoy. I highly recommend a bib.
We are famous for our barbecued shrimp, and with reason. The biggest trick to making this taste like ours is to not hold back on the butter. The three sticks called for are enough to scare you into cholesterol shock, but are key to the flavor and consistency of the sauce. Another tip to keep in mind: to emulsify the sauce, be sure to add a little butter at a time while stirring rapidly. And don’t overcook the shrimp or they’ll become tough and hard to peel.

16 jumbo shrimp (12 per pound, about 1 1/2 pounds), with heads and unpeeled
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
French bread as accompaniment

In a large skillet combine shrimp, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black peppers, Creole seasoning, and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top. Serve with French bread for dipping.
Yield: 4 appetizers or 2 entrees
********I bring a snorkel and bury my face in this. From Mr. B's website.

Last edited:
fresh pastured organic chicken...roasted, herbs and white wine...rice pilaf with shallots and peas.

Now that's a gorgeous pan of biscuits MsM!!

Steve is making shrimp and onion pizza tonight!! It will be so nice to be thrown out of the kitchen, but then I have to face the clean up.....gives me chills thinking about it. :w00t2:

Thanks, Ms M! While the soup doesn't sound that appealing I am sure I would manage to get down one of those beautiful biscuits! They look so light and flaky! And your dinner (other than the clams) sounds great!

The whole menu sound great. The buttermilk biscuits look yummy. Could you please share your recipe for the biscuits??
Thank you Kayelle, LP and Bill. I used the recipe on the bag of Heckers unbleached self rising flour for the biscuits BUT I replaced 2 TBSP of flour with 2 TBSP of wheat germ.

Breaded and Fried cod, baked stuffed clams, roasted broccoli and steak fries served with homemade tartar sauce, lemon, malt vinegar and Frank’s red hot.

img_992713_0_7a324023a44cd469cd718d6ed4a114c5.jpg

Yep, I'm eating the beef steak stew with Texas toast, so I had both fork and rag ready.

I love stuffed clams! Nice, MsM.

I didn't feel like cutting lettuce for my intended tacos... but I did feel like dicing up a couple small potatoes, two jalapeños and an onion, chopping some cilantro, smashing some garlic, cooking some eggs and tossing it all in a bowl... with the taco burger of course.

Attachments

• taco bowl.jpg
    taco bowl.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 172
I didn't feel like cutting lettuce for my intended tacos... but I did feel like dicing up a couple small potatoes, two jalapeños and an onion, chopping some cilantro, smashing some garlic, cooking some eggs and tossing it all in a bowl... with the taco burger of course.
That looks very colorful and yummy!

Thank you, msm. I'd make it again. Kind of like a taco salad, but I replaced the lettuce with egg and added potatoes... just cuz I need my carbs.

I was thinking of repeating the tacos from the other night. Just to use up the meat. And of course, because I love tacos, lol.
Hmmm Most people don't like it when their Mexican food repeats. :D

I needed something quick, so I grabbed porcupine meatballs out of the freezer. So for us, porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. :cool:

+ 2 lbs of buttered steamed asparagus + 6 oz of Gordon's.

Sounds like the perfect Friday night dinner to me!

It's a very nice evening here, so grilled steaks, roasted brocolli and salad for us. DH is still mowing the lot next door, so I may have time to pop some artisan bread in the oven.....better do that right now!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom