TGIFriday 6/10 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steak bomb? What is that?...

A steak bomb is a sandwich in the cheese steak family only different. I'm not sure if this is a regional item or not.

The steak is cooked, usually with onions, sometimes with green peppers and/or mushrooms too. Near the end of the cooking process, the steak is topped with slices of Genoa salami and provolone cheese and allowed to warm up and start melting. Then the whole thing is scooped into a sub roll and served. The combination of the melting cheese and heated salami juices flowing into the meat makes this sandwich a real treat.

There are some sub shops here in New England that are pretty creative with the cheese steak genre.

One shop did the steak with mushrooms, pepper and onions, Italian sausage, pepperoni, salami, cheese and topped it all off with some tomato sauce. Fan-dam-tastic.

One shop did the steak with mushrooms, pepper and onions, Italian sausage, pepperoni, salami, cheese and topped it all off with some tomato sauce. Fan-dam-tastic.

Add some pepperocinis to that and it's called a nightmare, here :)

Thanks Pacanis, the white wine is a great idea too. Sounds like I will be making this chicken several times before I decide how we like it best. Tonight I will go with beer and I am thinking s&p and maybe a little something else for some kick. I will save the rub and the 7-up and the wine for other times, but all the ideas are great. Maybe a little cayenne tonight, but not so much as to hide the flavor from the beer. So many chickens running around in my head. :D

If you start counting them, will it make you sleepy?:ROFLMAO:

Well I was up in the middle of night with the kids. So it just something easy Turkey burgers, salad& fresh fruit

Thanks to you both. You are so quick! :). I do have the ingredients for the rub, and I am still deciding if I should go with that or just s&p. What kind of beer do you suggest?

When I make it I drink the beer and just put water in the can. I rub the chicken with a cut lemon and stuff the lemon shells into the cavity before setting it on the can. Then just a little salt and pepper.

I'm either making chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce, or just chicken soft tacos with tomatillo sauce. I've got two things left over from last night. Can you guess what they are? :ROFLMAO:

either fish patties (either salmon or crab) or a calif roast beef sandwich. going out for a while at 4:30. hair cut etc. so fatigue will make the choice. fresh baked raisin bars for dessert.

Pizza night here too. We have a friend visiting and she's never had pizza cooked on the grill so I'm making the BBQ Chicken & Bacon pizza.

Pizza night. Going to do up a deep dish and something else for my daughter and a couple of her friends, who are over for music rehersal.
Ended up going with one Pepperoni and a Deluxe.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Rocklobster, those are certainly good looking pizzas!!

But tonight, it's Sheppard's Pie for me (lean ground chuck, corn, peas, onions, garlic and whipped potatoes.) No surprises, just nicely seasoned, old fashioned comfort food.

Ok...we bought bottled beer so I had to drink a coke first to get a can. Then we poured the beer into the coke can DS drank the other half of the beer. I put lemon and garlic into the beer, and salt and pepper all over inside and outside the chicken. It is cooking on the grill right now.

Attachments

• image-1029064560.jpg
    image-1029064560.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 135

That looks great!!! *wiping the drool off the screen*

No pic of the pizza from here tonight but here is a pic of the grill in use...

Attachments

• DaveCooking_01.jpg
    DaveCooking_01.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Rocklobster said:

Your pizza looks great! If I didn't have all this chicken to eat I would be right over! ;)

Also decided to make fried zucchini with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. It was a last min thing but didn't want it to go to waste!

Rocklobster said:

Those pizzas look fabulous Rock! (also noticed the beer in the background, gotta have beer with pizza!). Your pizza makes me almost ashamed to admit we are having "take and bake" pizza tonight. But we are having a nice green salad with it that DH made. Is your recipe posted?

Back
Top Bottom