TGIFriday! 9/1/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am planning meatloaf for family, sides TBD later. I may just have some more soup.

whats_on_your_plate.jpg

Last edited:
Have a craving for something Mexican... Tacos...enchiladas.. Not certain yet..

Also have to figure a dessert.. Cake, pie?..

Too many decisions for an old man.. :wacko:

Ross

Going forward a couple of months for dinner, are we?

Mom wants BBQ, so we're getting some from a local restaurant today. Will have it on buns with coleslaw on hers, ketchup on mine. Potato salad and cheesecake for dessert.

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary; however, I am working on a cake due tomorrow and TB is working an afternoon shift. So, we will celebrate by going to our favourite Pho restaurant tomorrow after delievering the cake.

So today, he's getting Tuna melts with salad and fresh plums (from his Mom) for dessert.

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary; however, I am working on a cake due tomorrow and TB is working an afternoon shift. So, we will celebrate by going to our favourite Pho restaurant tomorrow after delievering the cake.

So today, he's getting Tuna melts with salad and fresh plums (from his Mom) for dessert.
Happy anniversary!

Going forward a couple of months for dinner, are we?
Yikes! My cat loves walking/laying on my keyboard. I thought I got everything. I guess not. I had to chase her off 4 times. Finally I had to close my laptop till she lost interest.

Highly unusual temps in the 80's (our ac is an open window) so..

Vac packed the enchiladas I put together this morning... Into the freezer they went.. Can't bake the cake either.. :huh:

Waffles for supper... Pudding for later..

Ross

I'll be rotissing (is that a word) a couple swordfish steaks on the outdoor grill and serving with mushroom risotto--both ingredients are staples that I get at Trader Joe's. I marinade the swordfish for a couple hours in smashed garlic, evoo, blackened redfish majik. 10 minutes rotissing on high. Perfect every time. Add a ceasar salad, bottle of white wine and we're good on a Friday.

Happy Anniversary LP & TB !!!

I'm making a ragu with CS pork ribs and dry porcini.

Ooh, with Porcini mushrooms, I should try it that next time!
Andy, photos please?

I'm not cooking today.

001.JPG

I still have three servings left from this HUGE pan of Meat Lasagna I made when DH's buddy came to spend the weekend with us from Southern AZ (the smaller pan was for him, it's vegetarian).

Thanks, everyone for the anniversary wishes.

TB had to go out to get some cake supplies for me and came back with sushi so that is what we had for our main meal before he left for work. I'll just have a salad later and he has sandwiches (including some of the tuna he would have gotten for lunch!)

Cool, fall like weather here. So I made one of Mrs. T's favorite fall meals. Marinated steak tips on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, green salad.

Spareribs came off the grill not falling off the bone but very tender. Perfect. Andy's potato salad. We used 2 lb red potatoes and I just splayed the cukes across the top as I am afraid they will release a lot of water? with the leftovers. Perfect. Cast iron pan of jalapeno corn bread. Sliced garden tomatoes. doctored up bake beans (untouched by us.) It's too bad neither Dx or I can't eat as much as we used to, as it was all good and there's leftovers galore.

...I just splayed the cukes across the top as I am afraid they will release a lot of water? with the leftovers...

If that's a concern, you could use the tip of a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds and surrounding stuff before slicing. That'll take a lot of the moisture out of the cuke.

Thanks Andy. We ate all cukes off the top. It's easy to add more tomorry. I didn't add all the bacon either, only a few strips. It was Costco thick sliced and the salad is very very good.

Happy Anniversary, LP!

I painted our shed to match the new siding on our house today. DW and my boy wanted to go out for Chinese, but I just wanted to get it done (too much trouble to clean up, wash out the brushes and rollers, then start up again tomorrow) so they went without me.
My arms are about to fall off, and my legs are rubber. I forgot what manual labor is like for 8 hours, with only two15 minute breaks or so. I've gotten soft in my old age.

Anyway, I decided to pick up a local pizza joint's "Complete Meal Deal": a small salad, breadsticks with a tomato dipping sauce, a small buffalo wings appy, and Chicken Florentine with a side of spaghetti.

Not a bad deal for $16 including tip.

Can someone please lift the fork for me?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom