Thanksgiving morn -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
And as I was doing my beginning prep work, just started thinking about everyone all over the country doing the same thing - and got a little awestruck at thinking about the 'community' of folks preparing for the big day!

Traditions are so important - whether we follow an old family one, or make our own!

Have a happy and safe one, everybody!

Indeed, marmalady! It is awe-inspiring! I'm sure I'm not the only one that hit the sack at midnight and was back up at four!

We were greeting this morning by the most staggeringly beautiful day...the first sunrise our area has seen in 15 days! The sunrise itself was spectacular! But my weather thoughts go out to the folks in New York who are trying to attend the big parade and see SpongeBob! Looks like norgeskog and Sierra and many others to the west may be seeing a few flakes today, too!

May everyone here enjoy the most wonderful Thanksgiving of your memories and please know how very thankful I am today for having met and conversed with each of you!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Audeo, you are right we did see a few flakes, but they only lasted for a half an hour or so. Then it turned to rain. I hope that you all had a wonderful day. I did with my family. The best thing is that I talked to almost all my aunts and uncles in Kansas. They were all at my uncle's house for the day's festivities. :)

I was hoping for snow, but it went south of us. But, yes, I think of the international 'community of Americans' often on Thanksgiving day. Most of my life, my table has been full of strangers and strays rather than family, and I think of my old friends and family as I'm cooking up the dinner. I remember years overseas and in strange places where we found ourselves at a table with people we never met before, and what good times we always had. This year it came to me, that, in spite of the "Norman Rockwell" thought that Thanksgiving is about family, in truth the original Thanksgiving was people who didn't know each other a few years ago, pulling together to make a feast.

Audeo said:
Looks like norgeskog and Sierra and many others to the west may be seeing a few flakes today, too!

Audeo, we did not see many on that day, but here is what we got overnight on Friday night. 8 new inches of snow!! My brother got a foot as his house!!

PB270002a.jpg

Erik said:
Since we ate our dinner later in the day...I woke up at 5am and cooked a feast for the Salvation Army...boy that felt good!!!!!

Good for you, Erik! They've taken quite a hit from Target this year and can use all the kindness and help they can get!

I'm with wasabi, Sierra. That lovely picture is PERFECT for a Christmas Card!!! How beautiful!

Thanks, audeo and wasabi. It is really beautiful now that I have it all shoveled out of my way. It is time for a hot toddy in front of the stove. Maybe I will have to use it next year for a Christmas card. The best part of that picture is my best buddy and pal that is sitting in the front yard.

SierraCook said:
Thanks, audeo and wasabi. It is really beautiful now that I have it all shoveled out of my way. It is time for a hot toddy in front of the stove. Maybe I will have to use it next year for a Christmas card. The best part of that picture is my best buddy and pal that is sitting in the front yard.
Dogs love snow. The ones I have always had, have. And, when it's the first snow, it's much more fun. I know that's not your first. Man, you got a lot! We got about 3" inches here, but it was gone by mid-day Friday.

I made chocolate/ginger scones and brought them over to my Grandma's. She was already knee-deep with the preparation for dinner. She needed a break. I got some hot cider in return. :D

Back
Top Bottom