The Food Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
Anyone a Food Network fan? I love watching Barefoot Contessa and Paula Deen even though some of the stuff they make is a little over my head. They make it look so easy though!!

I am in love wth Rachel Ray. Paula Dean must be living on borrowed time with all the butter she bakes with.
I do not have cable at this moment. I only watch Food Network at girl friends house and while I was in the hospital and rehab for my busted knee cap. Will have to go back for additional surgery since the tendon did not connect.
Just bought a coop where I will have cable plus internet via cable.

BiLL

I watch it quite often, I look at the tv schedule to see if anything sparks my interest. I get more ideas and tips than using their actual recipe. I do enjoy Paula's baking recipes.

vegtable juice caviar

hi all
i was watching the iron chef (american) the carrot challage
and one of the fibish things was carrot caviar
after juiceing the carrots he then made small dropslets into water i think here is where i get lost
if anyone can tell me how this is done, that person would be my hero for a day. i have look at the iron chef web page canot find it
please help

Yeah, I check to see if anything they are making looks good to me. I really like some of Barefoot Contessa's recipes; I just made her cream of wild mushroom soup and it was phenomenal. Her baking recipes are also really good. I saw that she started making gift baskets for 1800flowers.com... her dessert one looks yummy. I may send a couple of those to my relatives and pretend I was the one slaving away in the kitchen, haha.

hi all
i was watching the iron chef (american) the carrot challage
and one of the fibish things was carrot caviar
after juiceing the carrots he then made small dropslets into water i think here is where i get lost
if anyone can tell me how this is done, that person would be my hero for a day. i have look at the iron chef web page canot find it
please help

I saw that epi. That was one of those molecular gastronmy demonstrations using chemicals. Try googling make "carrot caviar" and "molecular gastronomy"

I'd have to say that Food Network is my favorite channel to watch. Not only because I enjoy cooking but also because of all the great tips I get. I like Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, (though not too much. I can only take her "y'all" so many times.) Giada DeLaurentis, and all the little shows like Dinners, Drive Ins and Dives. I manage to learn something new every time. :chef:

There are a few shows on the Food Network that I enjoy, but I think my favorite is Good Eats--maybe it's just my inner scientist, but I like how Alton Brown explains more than just how to cook things. A lot of the recipes from Food Network seem to be over my head and my budget, but it can be fun to watch and get ideas.

Has anyone seen the show with Amy, winner of the Next Food Network Star?

And is Paula Dean boozing it up, or just acting like it??????

Big Good Eats fan, enjoy Iron Chef, would love to host Drive Ins, Diners & Dives!!

...would love to host Drive Ins, Diners & Dives!!

I've had that same thought but I get the impression that sometimes he struggles to find something good to say about a dish.

He probably has to "kiss a lot of frogs" before he finds "Sleeping Beauty"

I enjoy the food network...of course being here in the North, we may get some different programs (Canadian content) than you do. I really like the Contessa....I can't stand Paula or Rachel........Paula with her accent and Rachel with her giggle/laugh....and I can't stand chefs who wear their rings when they have their hands in the foods!!!....If there is nothing else that I want to watch when I just want to relax with the tv as background noise, I always put the food network on

I love Paula's recipes. I don't make them because of all that wonderful butter but..heck, they sure sound delish!!

i watch it almost everyday. get good tips once in a while.

don't care for the bare foot lady, she just seems snotty to me. "as in use a good ," choco or what ever indg. she is talking about. feel she is talking down to us.

i used to love emeral but his bams finally got to me.

wow i got really worked up over this didn't i?

i really do like sandra lee and many of the others.

babetoo

There are a few shows on the Food Network that I enjoy, but I think my favorite is Good Eats--maybe it's just my inner scientist, but I like how Alton Brown explains more than just how to cook things. A lot of the recipes from Food Network seem to be over my head and my budget, but it can be fun to watch and get ideas.

Me to. I love learning about how the chemical and physical reactions all work together to make a good recipe. I also love that all the recipes are available online for free.

Has anyone seen the show with Amy, winner of the Next Food Network Star?

And is Paula Dean boozing it up, or just acting like it??????

Big Good Eats fan, enjoy Iron Chef, would love to host Drive Ins, Diners & Dives!!

I've seen Amy's show (The Gourmet Next Door) a couple of times. Unfortunately it's on at an inconvenient time (1 pm on Sundays). The recipes I saw looked good and she gives a lot of tips while preparing them. It wasn't something I'd make a point of watching, though.

Paula Dean has "jumped the shark," I think. She's making a caricature of herself.

I like Good Eats, too, and Giada's recipes, and Tyler's Ultimate when I can catch it, and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. DH and I both like Dinner: Impossible.

I get the Canadian version of the Food Network. We get many of the shows on the American version and some of our own. I think my two favourites lately are Dinner:Impossible (we watched a marathon last night) and Ace of Cakes, as I am trying to become a bit of an "extreme cake maker" myself! Iron Chef (both) is great and we have a great Canadian show called Restaurant Makeover where they take a Toronto eatery that is going under, match the owner's $15,000 and bring in a designer and a chef to turn it around. Sometimes it works and sometimes...

Last edited:
Food Network

I am beginning to dislike Rachel Ray...too perky to be real and I definitely can't stand Paula's cackling. But both of them do make good food. I don't like the shows where they don't cook. If I want to find the best dinner in Pensyltuckey I'll watch the travel channel. The shows where they cook are my favorites and Emeril was one of the best. I see where they are taking his live show off the air. I suppose it has run its course.

I enjoy the food channel, and have learned something from just about everyone I've watched, even Rachel, whom I find considerably annoying.

Paula's southern drawl doesn't bother me at all...in fact, I have one myself, and I'll bet Uncle Bob does too. Fact is, we southerners think you northerners talk kinda funny.

I haven't sees Emeril for ages....I thought he wa off the Canadian food ch.....I do miss his shows. Many of his recipes were not hard to do in my own kitchen. I'm a senior who loves to cook.....hate the clean-up part tho'......and enjoy using very good ingredients if I can get them, as I feel they make a world of difference in a recipe

I haven't sees Emeril for ages....I thought he wa off the Canadian food ch.....I do miss his shows. Many of his recipes were not hard to do in my own kitchen. I'm a senior who loves to cook.....hate the clean-up part tho'......and enjoy using very good ingredients if I can get them, as I feel they make a world of difference in a recipe

Ya Ella, I agree about Emeril. They took him off our Food Channel a long time ago in favour of Christine Chushing's live show which is also not on now. As for clean-up I also agree...however I have a wonderful DH who loves my cooking enough to clean up after me!

As for Rachel, I heard she is doing a new show where she travels around and comments on food and culture? Gee hasn't she done TWO of those already? Come on guys, bring back Emeril!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom