The Long Weekend!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snip, what's sir seretse khama day?

the 4th of july here is in remembrance of our (u.s.a.) independence day, and canada day is when everyone gets together to bbq and make hockey pucks for next season...:mrgreen:

Well, at least you didn't say we get together to bbq hockey pucks! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Plans have changed slightly thanks to a mud slide on the main highway here. We will be leaving Friday morning instead of Thursday night (none of us would make it in time for the campground closing at 10 pm) and will go an alternate highway. The new route is at least 1 hour longer, but they say the detour can take between 2 and 4 hours extra!

lol alix, rock, and lp. i've seen those trucks loaded with geese pulling up to the factories in moosejaw and yellow knife, and pallets of pucks being loaded onto trucks from the other end. :mrgreen:

the 4th is my dad's 88th birthday, so i think we're going down the shore to see my parents. the only way we can pull this off is to get a hotel room, because traffic home that night will be ridiculous, and my parents sleep late these days and don't need a 7 year old running around at dawn.

then, we're going fluke fishing on a party boat on tuesday.

home to work on the yard and house for a few days, then it's off to either vermont or maryland for a few days.

lol alix, rock, and lp. i've seen those trucks loaded with geese pulling up to the factories in moosejaw and yellow knife, and pallets of pucks being loaded onto trucks from the other end. :mrgreen:

the 4th is my dad's 88th birthday, so i think we're going down the shore to see my parents. the only way we can pull this off is to get a hotel room, because traffic home that night will be ridiculous, and my parents sleep late these days and don't need a 7 year old running around at dawn.

then, we're going fluke fishing on a party boat on tuesday.

home to work on the yard and house for a few days, then it's off to either vermont or maryland for a few days.
Enjoy your visit with your parents BT! As you know, I lost my mom 10 years ago and my dad doesn't have much time left, so please give your mom and dad an extra hug from me. :flowers::flowers:

We don't have anything special planned. If I can get some celery this weekend I think I will make potato salad.

Some friends of ours bought a lot of fireworks that they are not able to use in North Carolina, so they are going to bring them down and we will set them off in our yard. I think we will have to leave Cubbie and the cats in the house with the TV on loud because they will not like all the noise of the fireworks!

We don't have much in the way of events planned. We've invited my daughter and family to come up if they want to use the pool. We want to do some kind of a day trip to get out of the house.

I'll be grilling and maybe smoking too.

We don't have much in the way of events planned. We've invited my daughter and family to come up if they want to use the pool. We want to do some kind of a day trip to get out of the house.

I'll be grilling and maybe smoking too.

I'm babysitting.

Enjoy your visit with your parents BT! As you know, I lost my mom 10 years ago and my dad doesn't have much time left, so please give your mom and dad an extra hug from me. :flowers::flowers:

We don't have anything special planned. If I can get some celery this weekend I think I will make potato salad.

Some friends of ours bought a lot of fireworks that they are not able to use in North Carolina, so they are going to bring them down and we will set them off in our yard. I think we will have to leave Cubbie and the cats in the house with the TV on loud because they will not like all the noise of the fireworks!

thanks, and will do, barbara.

my mom used to give my dog sedatives on the 4th when i was a kid. it was also one of the few days a year that she had a few drinks at a neighbors party, so everyone was soused, lol.

Drinks beer, wine,ice tea Belini's lemonadetini's that's it. food starters, bruchetta with both strawberries, tomatoes,mozz, basil garlic evoo some chips and dip rolls, hamburgers and hot dogs, brats,corn on the cob,potato salad, pesto tortalini salad, watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber salad a tray with avocado, vidalia onion slices tomato slices. peach cobbler, an ice cream sandwich frozen casserole.
kades:)

Did you say "ice cream sandwich casserole"? Please tell me how to make it. It all sounds good.

Well I started my day with Maple coffee today. LOL! I'm working an evening shift and Ken is working days. Kate is off to explore Paris and Madeleine is at a friends. This will be a quiet Canada Day for us. I'll likely leave some kind of easy to heat up dinner and then eat leftovers when I get home.

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks!

Happy Canadian day to all our Canadian members! I hope your holiday is a fun one.

gonna try to stay up real late tomorrow night when McArthur Ohio celebrates the 4th. McArthur, population 1,888, is the county seat of Vinton County. The band from Los Angeles, The Truth and Salvage Co. is playing a concert at the old football field, with fireworks to follow the concert. Our neighbors are the parents of the drummer in this band, Bill. Bill and Rich were very close friends.
At this point I don't have any other plans....supposed to be hot and humid this weekend so will be staying inside a lot..

Did you say "ice cream sandwich casserole"? Please tell me how to make it. It all sounds good.
I did, it's easy buy icecream sandwiches to fill a 12 x`3 casserole You will have to cut the end ine un half then civer the sandwich with sliced bananas, then cover with chcocolate syrup top wit marascino cherries if you like them now cover the very top with sugar free cool whip, Put in frezer til solid remove from freezer and servre
kades:)

I worked a 1/2 day yesterday then did a few errands and ran up to the local farm stand for some produce... and that was it. Will get all that yard chores done today and tomorrow and then sit back and relax on Monday an do some grilling! Might make some pickles this weekend, we have lots of cucumbers that came in this week in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom