The Official Friday the 13th (of May) Dinner thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Well? Where's my inspiration?

All I know is that I am grilling some bacon wrapped asparagus.
Looking for ideas from others...

I have a pork roast going in the oven. Not sure what I'll serve with it yet. I think I have enough lettuce for some salads but other than that I'll have to look through the pantry.

ooh, salad... good call.
I've got some romaine hearts I can halve and throw on the grill, too. Along with the usual salad stuff in the crisper drawer. I always seem to forget about salads, and I love salads.

MMMM, asparagus!

Buffalo wings and cole slaw for us. A cold Sam Adams or two for me.

$1.99/lb, too! :)

I'm >this< close to having wings myself, but I don't see wings and asparagus as a good "pairing" :LOL:

Geeze, I didn't realize it was Fri the 13th. I had three near miss accidents on the way home from Costco!! Phew!!

I got a rotisserie chicken there, so I'll be doing something with that. I'm not inspired either.

Geeze, I didn't realize it was Fri the 13th. I had three near miss accidents on the way home from Costco!! Phew!!

I got a rotisserie chicken there, so I'll be doing something with that. I'm not inspired either.

I'm glad they were misses.

Who needs inspiration with a Costco rotisserie chicken? They are good as is. I like to serve with a simple salad and baguette with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping the chunks/slices of bread (you know, that drops of balsamic swirled on the EVOO thing they do in nice Italian restaurants).

...Who needs inspiration with a Costco rotisserie chicken?...

We've enjoyed Costco's rotisserie chickens for years. However, in the past year or so we have found them undercooked on a couple of occasions.

I assume this is a local issue.

Acorn squash cooked with butter, brown sugar and maple syrup stuffed with sauteed mushrooms, onions, ground beef, raw chorizo and cheddar cheese. I love sweet and savory

And chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert

I am going out tonight. I am treating my best friend to a Vancouver Theatre presentation of the musical "Hairspray" (we absolutely love all versions of this!) and she is treating me to dinner on Vancouver's version of Broadway. The area we will be at boasts some of the best eateries around. There is a great BBQ spot, several sushi bars, and so much more! Can't wait to see what we decide on. I am allowing myself to go off my "healthy eating plan" (new code for diet) and just enjoy!

I am going out tonight. I am treating my best friend to a Vancouver Theatre presentation of the musical "Hairspray" (we absolutely love all versions of this!) and she is treating me to dinner on Vancouver's version of Broadway. The area we will be at boasts some of the best eateries around. There is a great BBQ spot, several sushi bars, and so much more! Can't wait to see what we decide on. I am allowing myself to go off my "healthy eating plan" (new code for diet) and just enjoy!

Just found out the show is cancelled for tonight because one of the leads had a minor stroke on stage last night and they don't have a stand-in. So, my friend and I are still going out for dinner, but here in Surrey, instead of going all the way into Vancouver! So have no clue what I will be eating. I am so looking forward to it though! :)

Just found out the show is cancelled for tonight because one of the leads had a minor stroke on stage last night and they don't have a stand-in. So, my friend and I are still going out for dinner, but here in Surrey, instead of going all the way into Vancouver! So have no clue what I will be eating. I am so looking forward to it though! :)

Some time out is exactly what you need right now LP. Have a wonderful time.

LPBeier said:

So sorry you won't be seeing the show tonight. Hope you got a "raincheck". I had been thinking of taking my best friend to this show too! We love Vancouver theatre (DH's not so much) so it's usually girls night out. I hope your Surrey night out is enjoyable.
No special dinner here.....Pizza picnic with some co-workers.

So sorry you won't be seeing the show tonight. Hope you got a "raincheck". I had been thinking of taking my best friend to this show too! We love Vancouver theatre (DH's not so much) so it's usually girls night out. I hope your Surrey night out is enjoyable.
No special dinner here.....Pizza picnic with some co-workers.

Yes, they are bringing in another actor to start tomorrow night and I can call in for another night. We just haven't picked it yet.

We went to White Rock Beach and ate at a wonderful Greek restaurant on the waterfront. I had lamb shank with a tarragon jus and all the greek sides and an almond sponge cake for dessert. It was a great evening even without the show. You should try to come up for it. Arts Club performances are always great and not too expensive!

It was "clean out the fridge Friday"... So had leftover fettuccine (I made more alfredo), I had meatballs and gravy over spaghetti, and our housemate had the left over chicken fajita fixin's and Spanish rice.

Back
Top Bottom