The Wednesday Dinner Thread 10/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta Night !
Spaghetti with Mussels and Mushrooms............

Spaghetti With Mussels & 'Shrooms.jpg

We had leftovers from the Indian food delivery. There's enough for one more meal out of that. We did use our own brown basmati rice. It was still very tasty.

Adventures in the kitchen today tripped me up, so I figured tonight would be a good time to try a local pizza place that was recommended to me. My main complaint about the pizza places around here are that they skimp on the toppings. This place is definitely more generous than the others. The dough was nice, but it was a little thin in the center. Even so, it's definitely better than most. Nice to have a decent go-to for pizza when the mood strikes.

IMG_20211027_205235310_HDR.jpg

After cooking a beef roast in our clay baker and having 2 wonderful days of leftovers, I took the remaining beef and veggies and turned everything into a luscious beef stew. Sauteed up a bunch of onions, garlic and some baby carrots. Added some fresh mushrooms, beef broth, along with fresh parsley and thyme. Thickened it up a bit.

Lots of French bread to eat and sop up the juices. We were happy.

Simple chicken noodle soup We made our caramel apples for Halloween. Tom Tomorrow's meal will bee epic, meatball eyeballs in pesto sauced linguini, and marinara on the side for those that enjoy a good red sauce.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I made ground beef kabobs with the Easy Kabob and on the gas grill. They were very good! Along side, we had Indian Spiced Rice done in the Rice Cooker and then we had a little salad of sorts, using my home grown lettuce & parsley, and store bought tomatoes, cuck, radishes. I made a little Asian style dressing. Not shown in the picture we had tzatziki, humus and a homemade tahini too. Yummy!

IMG_5706 (2).jpg

We took an overnight trip to St. Augustine. Ate at a NOLA style restaurant. I had shrimp etoufee
and bananas foster. Delicious!

Tried a new-to-me recipe

View attachment 49561

Swedish Meatballs served over wide Egg Noodles
Meh
I don't think I'll go to this much fuss for such a simple
dish of Meatballs and Gravy basically :turned:

If you're up for trying Swedish Meatballs, one more time, I use this copycat recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/almost-famous-swedish-meatballs-recipe-1973694

Do try to find the Ligonberry jam too! It is kind of like cranberry for turkey, gotta have it! I have made notes on how to make this with chicken instead, for my non-red meat friends. It comes out tasting just like Swedish Meatballs too. Holler if you think you would rather try that one and I'll PM something to you.

We took an overnight trip to St. Augustine. Ate at a NOLA style restaurant. I had shrimp etoufee

Oh my gosh, we just loved St Augustine!
Some super good food there!
This place that we went to the guy was from Hawaii and got me, asked me if I needed Rice with my fish and my reply was you know, with shoyu and furikake too please.
"I gotcha Sis!"

IMG_5054.jpg
We had even thrown around moving there... miss my fresh Seafood!

I am guessing you at at Harry’s on the waterfront. Always a good go to in St. Augustine.

I am guessing you at at Harry’s on the waterfront. Always a good go to in St. Augustine.

Exactly! We looked at a lot of menus and SO liked this one because it had what she had a craving for. It looked good to all of us. Glad we chose it. Reasonably priced as well.

There was one restaurant that had a $138.00 tomahawk ribeye that could have been good too but we passed on that.

Exactly! We looked at a lot of menus and SO liked this one because it had what she had a craving for. It looked good to all of us. Glad we chose it. Reasonably priced as well.

There was one restaurant that had a $138.00 tomahawk ribeye that could have been good too but we passed on that.

If you are still in town, try Mojo old city BBQ. Great brisket and smoked wings.

If you are still in town, try Mojo old city BBQ. Great brisket and smoked wings.

We had lunch there! Just happened to see it as we were driving down the road. I had a pulled pork quesadilla and SO had a fried chicken sandwich.

The quesadilla was listed as an appetizer but it was made on a 12” tortilla! I had a tough time finishing it. SO’s sandwich was the best she’d ever had. Moist and tender.

Looks like we lucked out with restaurants this trip.

We had lunch there! Just happened to see it as we were driving down the road. I had a pulled pork quesadilla and SO had a fried chicken sandwich.

The quesadilla was listed as an appetizer but it was made on a 12” tortilla! I had a tough time finishing it. SO’s sandwich was the best she’d ever had. Moist and tender.

Looks like we lucked out with restaurants this trip.

Glad you enjoyed. There are so many good restaurants in St. Augustine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom