The words you can't say in front of a foodie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a good one--I brought a cranberry sourcream coffee cake (merstarr's recipe--it's great) into work today. I offered a slice to someone and they declined, then going on to talk about how much they love the cranberry muffins from the grocery store bakery :shock: ! OK, I'm a food snob, but still...you can't compare homemade to the grocery store bakery!

Sorry, middie, I hope I didn't offend. :oops: (BTW, I'd give my right arm to be able to work in a bakery instead of an office. Someday...)

PA, I can't understand how some people can decline something you made lovingly at home and then rave about something else that's similar...within your hearing. My sympathies. Don't mind them. Life's too short! :)

"I need a little fat in the pan as possible for that omellete"

Or how about this one. This actually happened, last Sunday. We got an order in for a couple of omelletes around 2 pm (we serve Breakfast all day on Sunday). The waitress came back and said, "I didn't have room on the ticket to add in that she wants Monteray Jack or Provolone cheese on that omellete."

I had to tell her we couldn't couldn't do it, as we don't carry those cheeses. She started to go off on us all, about how this was a country club, and the members should get whatever they want. I had to actually take her back into the refrigerator where we store the cheese and list every kind of cheese we had available to put onto an omellete, and sadly, we did NOT carry the two the lady wanted for her omellete. The waitress wouldn't have any of it. "She wants Jack or Provolone. Why don't you carry it?"

We finally ended up giving the lady some shredded "blend" cheese, a mix of Jack, Mozzarella, Provolone, Cheddar, and Colby.

I honestly don't think the member in question even really knew what was going on. This particular waitress is known for taking oddball orders for stuff she KNOWS we don't normally make or even have in stock, and then expects us to perform a miracle with products we don't have in stock. We have tried and tried to convince this waitress that she needs to come back AND ASK first when she gets an order like this.

Honestly, I'll give some anything they want in/on an omellete, as long as I have it in stock. In a couple weeks, we start Sunday brunch up for the winter, and I'll be working the omellete station out in the dining room every Sunday. When I started, they only had about 6 - 8 toppings that they would put out. I'll put out around 12 - 15 toppings. The member love it!

Allen, I want to go to the country club and get an omelette full of avocado and pico de gaillo.

I hate when folks turn down something, claiming it's not "Adkins-friendly"

Neither am I!

I hate it when people look at a recipe and say - well that's too much trouble, or that's too hard for me - when in reality the recipe just lists a bunch of herbs/spices.

'ewwww, how can you EAT that?' (um, because it's good. now go eat your spaghettios)

-'i don't like raw fish'

-'i want mine well-done'

oh yea luvs - "I don't eat bait" :roll:

Every single person I have gotten to try sushi LOVES it. Some prefer the cooked ingredients but they still like and are then willing to try other things - they still may prefer the cooked but they are open. It's not all raw - and I describe the raw tuna as tasting like a perfect glass of water - just clean and pure.

And I knew my son would like it the first time he tried it - how did I know? Because it's EXPENSIVE!!!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom