Thirsty Thursday's plate 5/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp Feast !

Shrimps, Prawns, Corn on the Cob, Kielbasa, and Potatoes...
and a Salad, of course...

Shrimp Feast .jpg

We're having Cuban Sandwich inspired panini tonight.

I has some ciabatta style sub rolls I made earlier, some leftover smoked pork loin, sliced deli ham, cheeses and pickles. After we build these sandwiches I'll use my Griddler with the ribbed plates to press/heat and brown these sandwiches. I think Tater tots will make a nice side.

Hogfish poke over coconut jasmine rice with phyllo strips.

Attachments

• 2020-05-28 18.53.52.jpg
    2020-05-28 18.53.52.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 95
I made our first of the season Official pitcher of ice tea today. I guess anything up to now was un-authorized?

We are having taco salads at the picnic table for dinner and Lilliputian sized slices watermelon.

We're having Cuban Sandwich inspired panini tonight.

I has some ciabatta style sub rolls I made earlier, some leftover smoked pork loin, sliced deli ham, cheeses and pickles. After we build these sandwiches I'll use my Griddler with the ribbed plates to press/heat and brown these sandwiches. I think Tater tots will make a nice side.

Here's the finished product.

Attachments

• 5C304320-9119-4D87-BC91-73538B679531_1_105_c.jpg
    5C304320-9119-4D87-BC91-73538B679531_1_105_c.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 63
Dad took us out to dinner at a real live dine in place...our old stand-by. All of the tables are spread out for social distancing. They also did a remodel while closed. It is bright and shiny!

I had a grilled salmon salad.

Roast turkey breast, stuffing, steamed carrot coins, mashed potatoes and pan gravy.

attachment.php

We Thai-ed one on for supper tonight :mrgreen: in support of our favorite Asian cuisine restaurant. We each had a bowl of soup (Won-ton for Himself, Tom Kha Kai for me), split two apps of steamed dumplings and Angel Wings (deboned, stuffed with a meat and veggie mixture, and deep fried), and mostly looked at the two entrees - cashew chicken and pad Thai. I had a little of each because they smelled so good. Himself had more than a little and is now regretting that his eyes were bigger than his stomach. IMG_20200528_201244940.jpgIMG_20200528_205726425.jpg

With all our premium take out meals recently, tonight SC said I haven't lost my touch with putting a great meal on the table with what was on hand and without a recipe..
Boy, these enchilada's were just delicious, if I do say so myself.

Attachments

• P5280097.jpg
    P5280097.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 63
  • P5280098.jpg
    P5280098.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 66
DH heated a few slices of leftover pizza in the electric skillet. I had a couple of pieces of Wasa crisp rye bread with ham. That wasn't enough, so I nuked some of the leftover biryani. yum It's too hot to do any actually cooking.

With all our premium take out meals recently, tonight SC said I haven't lost my touch with putting a great meal on the table with what was on hand and without a recipe..
Boy, these enchilada's were just delicious, if I do say so myself.

Looks really good, Kay!

D&SIL are waiting for a new dryer delivery so, they came to our place to use ours..

I made us a meal of shrimp linguini in a butter/garlic sauce.. Served with green salad and garlic ciabatta rolls..

I baked us an apple pie for dessert..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom