Throwback Thursday Dinner ~ 4/21/2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I made up a big-ole batch of Meatball Mixture, and I always set some it aside to make a Meatloaf.

meatballs1.jpg

meatloafsupper001.jpeg
(file photos-I made these back awhiles ago, therefore it's a throwback thursday kinda supper)

So tonight there will be Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Greens on our table.
What's going on yours?

Franks & Beans !
Seared Frank Bullets, Bush's with Bacon, Onion & Banana Pepper Rings,
Potatoes & Onions, fried in Duck Fat, Steamed "Chinese" Cauliflower.......

Franks & Beans 4-21-22.jpg

Last edited:
A sorta stuffed manicotti casserole with garlic bread. I added a tiny handful of fresh spinach, the entire first harvest! and chopped asparagus to the casserole.

Attachments

• IMG_4065.jpg
    IMG_4065.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 24
I'm having leftover Stroganoff. Actually, I'm having one-half of the leftover Stroganoff, as there is way tooooo much for just me. I'm glad there are leftovers as otherwise, I wouldn't be too motivated and might just grab the PB jar and some crackers, presto, dinner!

I have been texting with DH, he is doing well...well, as well as one might expect. He sent me pictures of his room. He said he has the VIP room and I thought he was kidding...but he was NOT! He's got a view of the buildings and the hills, I imagine it will be quite the city-scape tonight. He has a private bath and huge TV...and it is all just for him. Not sure how he rated...other than his doctor is pretty special.

Okay...enough...this is the Dinner thread! See, I scolded myownself! ;)

I'm having leftover Stroganoff. Actually, I'm having one-half of the leftover Stroganoff, as there is way tooooo much for just me. I'm glad there are leftovers as otherwise, I wouldn't be too motivated and might just grab the PB jar and some crackers, presto, dinner!

I have been texting with DH, he is doing well...well, as well as one might expect. He sent me pictures of his room. He said he has the VIP room and I thought he was kidding...but he was NOT! He's got a view of the buildings and the hills, I imagine it will be quite the city-scape tonight. He has a private bath and huge TV...and it is all just for him. Not sure how he rated...other than his doctor is pretty special.

Okay...enough...this is the Dinner thread! See, I scolded myownself! ;)

P.S. He's got a flipping sliding door to a balcony!!!

Okay...back to scolding myself.

Ginny, did I miss it, why is DH in the hospital? Nervous Nelly's want to know.

The biopsy report for his 3/14 surgery came back as The Big C detected. So, they needed to do more slicing and dicing. Tongue, lymph under it.

I think I figured out the balcony thing...in the wee hours of the morning, they asked him if he would use a VR thing to help with pain...he said no. So, I think they went with the 2nd best thing? A room with a view! Whatever the reason, our insurance certainly won't cover the "upgrade"...

Okay...back to double scolding....

P.S. He's got a flipping sliding door to a balcony!!!

Okay...back to scolding myself.
Does he have a balcony, or do the pain meds tell him that he has a balcony? Just kidding! I'm glad his surgery went well. Prayers for a good recovery and beyond.

I made green beans. That's all. Didn't have to cook anything else since we had a full compliment of leftovers from Easter.

IMG_20220421_205122054_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Does he have a balcony, or do the pain meds tell him that he has a balcony? Just kidding! I'm glad his surgery went well. Prayers for a good recovery and beyond.

I made green beans. That's all. Didn't have to cook anything else since we had a full compliment of leftovers from Easter.

View attachment 51518

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

He's sending pictures. It is easier than texting!

I finally got the spoons to make an easy supper. It was a chicken and vegis in a Thai inspired green curry sauce, served over bulgur. I used Thai green curry paste from Blue Dragon and combined two of their recipes. One is called "Thai green curry chicken" and the other one is called "Easy Thai green curry stir fry". There was loads of sauce, maybe too much. Next time, I will use more of the green curry paste and maybe reduce the coconut milk. It was very good, but more heat would have been good.

Chicken and vegis in a Thai green curry and coconut milk sauce on bulgur.gifChicken and vegis in a Thai green curry and coconut milk sauce on bulgur again.gif

I'm finished fermenting a large batch of kim chi, so I had vegetable rice and kim chi for dinner with red bean brownies w/pineapple.

Shredded beef, and bear sausage tacos, seaoned with cumin, coriander, onion, all on fresh corn totrillas, with sour cream, guacamole, slice olives. And sliced grape tomatoes. Rice milk to drink for me.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom