Thurs. Sept 1, What's your big meal today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
I know, fuzzy pic. I should have moved it off the white plate because I was getting washout, but here it is anyway. It was too tasty not to post.
I ended up using Alfredo sauce and that was the ticket. LOL, frozen ravioli and homemade Alfredo sauce :rolleyes:
Anyway, Frozen ravioli lasagna with spinach, Alfredo sauce, mozz, crimini, ground turkey, parm... not necessarily in that order ;)

That looks yummo! (to quote Andy and the Rach).

That looks and sounds really yummy, Pacanis. I've never tried frozen ravioli, but now I'll have to get some.

I've noticed lots of people here at DC mention using frozen ravioli, and it would be an easy meal that I could make as large or small as I want.

Living alone and cooking for one is hard sometimes to make something that doesn't give me at least 4 meals. 3 or more of those and my freezer is stuffed (again).

Zhizara said:
That looks and sounds really yummy, Pacanis. I've never tried frozen ravioli, but now I'll have to get some.

I've noticed lots of people here at DC mention using frozen ravioli, and it would be an easy meal that I could make as large or small as I want.

Living alone and cooking for one is hard sometimes to make something that doesn't give me at least 4 meals. 3 or more of those and my freezer is stuffed (again).

I so hear you, Zhizara! I cook for two, and still everything grows out of the pot. Will have to check out the frozen ravioli my own self, though there is currently no room in my freezer!

Blue Plate Special

Don't know what came over me last night with cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner in Aug. but it's paid off for two nights now, and as so often happens it was even better today.

Sliced turkey with gravy on a split Chabata roll, onion/bacon green beans, mashed potatoes with outa sight pan gravy. I did a mushroom saute' in butter just for something to do, and sprinkled them all over the top just because. :rolleyes:
Wish I had some pumpkin pie!

Kayelle said:
Blue Plate Special

Don't know what came over me last night with cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner in Aug. but it's paid off for two nights now, and as so often happens it was even better today.

Sliced turkey with gravy on a split Chabata roll, onion/bacon green beans, mashed potatoes with outa sight pan gravy. I did a mushroom saute' in butter just for something to do, and sprinkled them all over the top just because. :rolleyes:
Wish I had some pumpkin pie!

Stuffing too? Sounds soooo good, Kayelle!

buckytom said:
hope you feel better, timothy.

i'm making scooter's leftover's.

lol, i should explain.

when i was a boy, i had a dog named scooter who would eat anything if it had some tomato sauce on it. and i mean anything. you had to be careful if you spilled some sauce on shoes or clothing because scooter would chew on those as well if she smelled them in the laundry room.

well, one day i came home and smelled something delicious on the stove, so i helped myself to a bowl. it was a delicious combo of leftover meats from previous meals, including grilled chicken, hamburgers, sausage, and pork chops.
what i didn't realize was that mom was making it for the dog, lol. some of the meats were a bit past their prime, but not spoiled yet, and i thankfully had gotten there just before she was to add gained burgers and other dog food to the pot.

i found it to be a great way to use up leftover meats, especially grilled meats, as it makes them moist and tasty once again as they flavour the sauce. sans dog food , of course.

so tonight, it's leftover grilled sausage and chicken in tomato sauce, alla scooter. :chef:

That reminds me of "garbage soup" the kids loved when they were younger.
We would put leftover meat in a freezer container, jut layer it in, whatever was left over even if it was a spoonful or so of taco meat, or whatever. We also put left over veggies, chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. When the container was full we thawed it and put it in a pan to heat up. All the flavors mixed together made a tasty soup.

Short ribs, which was a HUGE disappointment; new recipe from CaH. Involved red wine and coke for the braise, Stick to Cook's recipe which is port and balsamic. Also made noodles and corn salad.

Bummer.

Chopper, great idea for us "adults" too! DH frequently leaves a Tbls. or two of stuff in a large container in the fridge, claiming either it's not enough for a meal, or too much to finish it all. Will try the layer thing!

Sherry, really a bummer! Especially after all that work.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dawgluver. I don't know why I thought I could improve on success, but, live and learn. The worst part was squeezing anchovy paste into a measuring spoon. Not appetizing.

SherryDAmore said:
Thanks, Dawgluver. I don't know why I thought I could improve on success, but, live and learn. The worst part was squeezing anchovy paste into a measuring spoon. Not appetizing.

I've used regular coke in the slow cooker with a pork roast with great success, but then you discard the cooking liquid and proceed with BBQ stuff. Wonder what happened? Never have tried anchovy paste with my pork.

Last edited:
Thanks Dawg (yummo, lol), Thanks Zhizara.

Chopper, around BT's house I think they would call that "Scooter soup", lol.

I made a "kitchen sink taco salad." It's not a true taco salad, because I used what I had on hand. I made a taco bowl out of a tomato-basil tortilla (burrito size). And, I also used up the rest of the stuffed pepper filling and added some salsa and corn to it. That was heated up and put on top of the salad with cheddar cheese and green onion. A little ranch dressing went on the salad too, along with somemore salsa. It was a really filling and satisfying meal last night.

img_1044749_0_b04f99f415efdd3ed4b260b273c1d040.jpg

Looks yummy! Date night with hubby. Dinner and a movie.

Back
Top Bottom