Thurs. Sept 1, What's your big meal today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Mine is going to be frozen ravioli lasagna. I'm just undecided if I will pick up some frozen spinach for it and use mozzarella, or use up some leftover taco burger with cheddar cheese for a more Mexican style lasagna.

Fresh borage ravioli (delivered straight from Liguria yesterday, courtesy of my uncle!) with my fiancée's simple and quick version of ragù (only olive oil, minced meat, salt, "concentrato" tomatoes, canned chopped tomatoes).

40791-albums377-picture2937.jpg

Fresh borage ravioli (delivered straight from Liguria yesterday, courtesy of my uncle!) with my fiancée's simple and quick version of ragù (only olive oil, minced meat, salt, "concentrato" tomatoes, canned chopped tomatoes).

Very nice!
Mine will be delivered straight from Rosseto's frozen ravioli factory :LOL:

Fridge is full. Ergo leftovers. I'll pull out the ham, mac'n'cheese, spaghetti, chicken and dumplings, coleslaw, and peanut soup. Folks can warm up whatever they want.

SO is off today so after a quick medical appt., we're off to the coast of Maine for a pleasant afternoon and lunch on the ocean.

That will most likely result in a quickie dinner of burgers on the grill.

Last edited:
Today is the 20th anniversary of the first time I met this guy in the middle of no-where. It was a chance meeting in a bar (neither of us drink) in the middle of nowhere. One year and 2 days later we met again when I applied for a job writing a manual for his accounting program.

Ten years ago today we got married under an apple tree in the back yard!

We are going out to our favourite chicken place for a quiet dinner and then home to watch a movie.

Today is the 20th anniversary of the first time I met this guy in the middle of no-where. It was a chance meeting in a bar (neither of us drink) in the middle of nowhere. One year and 2 days later we met again when I applied for a job writing a manual for his accounting program.

We are going out to our favourite chicken place for a quiet dinner and then home to watch a movie.

That is really neat! Congratulations! ;)

You two have a wonderful time today!!!!! :flowers:

Thanks, Dave and Selkie!

Oh, I didn't mention that on that second meeting (writing the manual) I called him a "no it all computer geek"....he still is but I have learned to really love and respect that side of him.;):wub:

Last edited:

What sort of apple tree LP, I'm joking have a good evening.
Ps is he called Adam:)

Happy Anniversary Laurie and Tony! Make it special.

Pacanis - mexican ravioli lasagna sounds amazing! Do it and tell us what you did. I have some leftover taco meat in the fridge and some frozen raviolis. If it doesn't go for dinner tonight I'm going to do the lasagna thing.

Dinner here will be clean out the fridge night. Some taco meat, some baby potatoes and pork tenderloin, some chicken cacciatore and a pot of turkey soup are all up for grabs. There's even a little bit of the bread pudding for dessert. I'm going to take some soup and noodles with me and a bit of the bread pudding for my dessert. Back to work tonight.

Thanks Alix, but I've decided to go in a different direction. I'll save the taco meat for some scrambled eggs... or maybe even tacos again, lol.

That'll work. You first ;^)
I'm going to use up some pizza sauce that I have and layer; sauce, raviolis, spinach, mozzarella and repeat as necessary. Topped with parm. I'll probably add some mushrooms, too.

That'll work. You first ;^)
I'm going to use up some pizza sauce that I have and layer; sauce, raviolis, spinach, mozzarella and repeat as necessary. Topped with parm. I'll probably add some mushrooms, too.
YUMMMMMM, sounds similar to my experiment the other night but I used gluten free fusili and non-dairy/soy cheese like product and added some chorizo sausage.:ermm:

Okay, yours sounds better! :LOL:

Happy Anniversary Laurie and Tony! Make it special.
Thanks, Alix. It will be simple, but special. We love Nando's and he can eat their chicken and rice. I will probably have my usual chicken and spring greens salad. We will come home as I don't have any help for Dad but will be renting a movie which is fine by me.:)

Happy Anniversary, LPB. All good wishes.

I'll be raiding the freezer for something to nuke, probably home-made Indian over brown rice.

Back
Top Bottom