Thursday, 1/13/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sesame chicken, jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.

img_958974_0_cb4e4ed004f0b1c8b2f3b2e52c7c4141.jpg

img_958974_1_63374802b05009fe6e3a711c72b41245.jpg

Cold, cold, cold here. No snow today, but bitter cold.

I made a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce with ground beef and Italian sausage. I found an Alton Brown recipe for spaghetti sauce, didn't use it, but DID cook my onions and garlic in bacon drippings as he instructed in his recipe. What a wonderful subtle flavor it gave the sauce.

Had the sauce over linguine, along with a tossed salad and garlic bread on homemade baguette I made this afternoon. We're still eating the fresh coconut cake, so that was for dessert. I'm full.

I've had that huge pot of spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove all afternoon, and we had some of it with the fresh pasta for supper. I honestly think it's the best I've ever made........both spicy and mild Italian sausage, ground beef, green and yellow bell peppers, lots of onion, Porchini mushrooms, sliced white mushrooms, sliced black olives, fresh garlic, canned plum tomatoes, good red wine and lots of spices. It made a ton of sauce, and trust me, the alarm clock is set so it gets bagged for the freezer before bed time!!
NO way this will go to waste.
A good day to be sure.

I love seeing your photos PPO & msmofet!

I check everyday to see if you 2 have posted pics and it gives me other ideas for dinners!

It made a ton of sauce, and trust me, the alarm clock is set so it gets bagged for the freezer before bed time!!
NO way this will go to waste.

So you don't want to be the next to start the "I left this out all night is it safe" thread? :ROFLMAO:

Since it's technically Friday for me does it count?

Either way - Thursday I had leftovers of a Tofu & Veggie Stir-fry I made a couple of days ago, which for me was a mini achievement (I have a love/hate relationship with cooking stir-fries). It made me all ^_^ inside.

Taxlady, been there done that. It's hard to go easy on the barley when it's so nice. I've seen soup turn to stew right before my eyes :LOL:

It's OK to leave spaghetti sauce out overnight right? Because of the acidity of the tomatoes?

Just kiddin' ;)
Good one Frank :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom