Thursday, 1/13/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was sitting with my head back on the recliner yesterday afternoon, watching the pretty cloud patterns and fell asleep. I got up, went to the bathroom then lay down to continue my nap.

I just didn't feel like cooking or eating when I got up so I just had a slice of honey wheat with egg salad on one half and chicken salad on the other.

I'm going to spend some time today with my inventory list to make some meal plans.

I took out some pork chili so that will be breakfast/lunch today.

egg/chix salads, they're excellent 4 lunch/dinner; i make my chix salad curried, hm....... i may make curried egg salad, too, soon~

egg/chix salads, they're excellent 4 lunch/dinner; i make my chix salad curried, hm....... i may make curried egg salad, too, soon~

I use HB eggs in all my sandwich salads. It adds a warm comforting note while extending my meats.

In yesterday's case, I had made egg salad the day before and didn't want it going bad while I scarfed up the chicken salad.

By using some of each on my slice of bread it was delicious having a bite, first of one side then the other.:LOL:

I use HB eggs in all my sandwich salads. It adds a warm comforting note while extending my meats.

In yesterday's case, I had made egg salad the day before and didn't want it going bad while I scarfed up the chicken salad.

By using some of each on my slice of bread it was delicious having a bite, first of one side then the other.:LOL:

So which bite came first, from the chicken, or the egg?

;)

I use quart size freezer bags to bag up my sauce. They stack nicely in the freezer and are just the right size for a meal for us.
I wish I could food saver my liquid stuff but I am afraid it will be sucked right out during sealing and kill the machine.

I wish I could food saver my liquid stuff but I am afraid it will be sucked right out during sealing and kill the machine.

Just use the heavy duty freezer bags MsM. The trick is to turn the opening of the bag down over itself to form a cuff. That way the "zipper" stays clean while you ladle in the liquid.

Just use the heavy duty freezer bags MsM. The trick is to turn the opening of the bag down over itself to form a cuff. That way the "zipper" stays clean while you ladle in the liquid.

That's how I freeze chili.

Back
Top Bottom