Thursday, 1/13/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks KL for the goosebumps. Even with my laptop's lousy speakers, goosebumps and tears in my eyes.

I am glad you got your nuwave and liked it ,I made sweet potato fries
in mine for dinner last night,They were yummy.
Josie

We were very pleased with the first efforts. I wasn't prepared for such a huge box of stuff - now I must find a place to put it when not in use. :ermm:

I just got back from a mini shopping trip. I picked up some imitation Krab and cream cheese and am thinking about a Krab Newburg. I got sherry too.

I'm just not sure what to do to make the Krab taste better. Guess I'll just post the question.

Need to go out and clear the drive way, *again* so saving myself some time and work by using the bread machine to make a loaf of Portuguese Sweet Bread (recipe found online) to go along with the leftovers. Hopefully it's as good as the description says!

Bring it! The driveway is all clear!
Will cook for desserts.
:LOL:

I will do desserts for dinner......Alix, I will pick you up on my way!
:chef:

I've got warm brownies...I'll keep my eye on the window LP. I'm NOT waiting outside in this weather!

Andy...I didn't make them scrounge, I make crockpot chicken cacciatore. But crab legs beckon! ;)

I love brownies! If you don't have any chopped walnuts for the top, I do :)

I am brownie challenged. I only end up getting about four good brownies out of the center. I think I need a deeper pan.

I am brownie challenged. I only end up getting about four good brownies out of the center. I think I need a deeper pan.
Get one of those wiggly pans or the one that looks like an old fashioned ice cube tray that the bottom drops out of. They are "supposed" to take the challenge out of it for perfect brownies everytime.

:LOL: Z.....

I was just thinking the other day, with the way you cook for one, I bet you could take a vacation from cooking for a month. :LOL:

What a glorious warm sunny morning out there today! High expected to be in the high 70's. I should go to the beach instead of cooking today. :rolleyes:
Sorry if it sounds like bragging....just sing California Dreaming. :LOL:

I don't know how I missed this post KL. I blame it all on DC.

Just keeping up with the daily posts and personal goings on, I get inspired and there I go, another great meal and MORE leftovers.

I can't imagine not cooking for a month. I do manage to make more room in the freezer like when I had that awful cold and you mentioned garlic bread. The bread was taking up a lot of room, but it just made room for more good leftovers. :ROFLMAO:

Any ideas? :huh:

I'm happy you are having a pretty California Dreaming day. It's glorious here too. Every time I look up I see a different and beautiful sky.

Last edited:
Get one of those wiggly pans or the one that looks like an old fashioned ice cube tray that the bottom drops out of. They are "supposed" to take the challenge out of it for perfect brownies everytime.

If I put "wiggly pans" in Amazon's search engine, with they know?

Thanks. I'll look for some next time I'm buying kitchen stuff.

Where are you? If I tried to do summer tonight, I'd have to dig the grill out from under a couple feet of snow!! Past couple days worth. :)

I'm in michigan. Was planning to use the stovetop grill. But Dh and DD had different ideas so the sausage will wait for tomorrow. We had pizza from a new place tonight. I won't have to cook tomorrow. The potatoe salad is already made.

Stirfried Chicken and veggies.

img_958963_0_4313098f4c01daf487edf9db390ccd67.jpg

This looks so yummy. For me, I'll be stuffing milk fish with the mixture of tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, ginger and soy sauce. Then, I will grill it. Miss this kind of recipe. :)

How come my stir-fry never looks like that? :ermm:

Beautiful dish, Power.

Back
Top Bottom