Thursday 10/27/2016 What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breaded thin cut boneless pork chop, mashed potatoes, pork gravy and steamed baby spinach.

We have leftover breaded chicken strips with honey mustard sauce, courtesy of Hardee's. Probably need to cook up the remaining green beans.

Crazy busy errand day today, and had my grandson for the afternoon until almost 6. I ended up pulling some marinara and meatballs from the freezer, boiled up a little pasta, mixed it all up and called it good. Well, except for a very small salad and garlic bread for sides. Hit the spot. :yum:

I went with my mom to her dentist appointment and we had lunch first. I had a leftover half kefta wrap (seasoned ground beef with hummus, tomato, pickles, parsley and sumac) and salad, so I had that for dinner. I made fresh salads and heated up leftover pasta e fagioli for my mom and DH.

Wonder where everyone is?...
We've been busy getting ready for vacation!

I was going to try something I saw a few days ago, Baked Ricotta Chicken, until I realized I had not marinated the chicken breasts. Considered various options, then decided to do a riff on that recipe. Of course the chicken breasts were large, so I sliced them into cutlets and sauteed them in a bit of olive oil. Made a sauce with Italian herbs, granulated garlic, and whole tomatoes loving strangled with my hand, and simmered the breast slices in it. When they were done, I topped them with a mix of ricotta and grated mozzarella cheeses and broiled it until it was a bit golden on the high spots. We had two pasta boxes with almost one serving each, so I cooked them both and used those for a bed for the chicken and sauce. Steamed broccoli on the side. Salads, too.

Attachments

• 2016-10-27 21.19.25.jpg
    2016-10-27 21.19.25.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 142
We had the Ropa Vieja that I made on Sunday, "white" black beans (I forgot to buy a can of black beans so I used white instead), rice and maduros.:yum:

Beautiful pics, CG and Joey! :yum:

CG....I think you and I are among the few here who like ricotta. ;) That recipe does look very good. Have a great vacation! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom