Thursday 11/17/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Planning to make Salisbury steak, onion gravy, mashed potatoes or noodle side and green beans.

Foiled by Mother Nature...again. When I planned tonight's meal I foolishly expected we'd be having cool fall weather. Wrong! Instead, it's 78F and gorgeous. Almost want to go on a picnic. Harley, our dog, has had several good swims in the pond so far today and is having a blast out in the fields.

Anyway, we're still having chicken and noodles (like chicken and dumplings) cooked in the crock-pot. Haven't decided on a side yet.

Upper 50's this afternoon, so have to take advantage of the good grilling weather before the snow flies. Marinated steak tips on the grill, TJ's pumpkin ravioli, brussel sprouts. I'll let my wife decide if the brussel sprouts should be roasted or steamed. We had them roasted last night to go along with the salmon, and they were so, so good.

img_1487896_0_5ecd0f9339338dec1e3e7f4db557e4e4.jpg

Serbian Moussaka with quark salad , it was really good and we all loved it.

Upper 50's this afternoon, so have to take advantage of the good grilling weather before the snow flies. Marinated steak tips on the grill, TJ's pumpkin ravioli, brussel sprouts. I'll let my wife decide if the brussel sprouts should be roasted or steamed. We had them roasted last night to go along with the salmon, and they were so, so good.
How do you serve the pumpkin ravioli?

Looks good, CakePoet. :)

I marinated some shrimp for an hour or so in olive oil, a little fresh lemon juice, garlic, cracked pepper, and pan fried them in the CI skillet. Dipped them in butter and chopped parsley at the table, with steamed broccoli and toasted sourdough on the side.

We had breakfast for dinner (which is served at lunch time so all bases are covered) - Denver omelets with toast and fruit salad.

We finished our drive home on Thursday, stopping at two favorites. First, we hit a Bob Evans for brunch. Have to find them on the road since they don't exist up in New England. Supper was at our favorite CT diner (Blue Colony) with our favorite server ever - Stacy. That's our last stop before home, and it signals only 99 miles left to drive - and good food! Himself had Italian Wedding soup and something called a Jitterbug - some sort of hamburger patty on a slice of bread with gravy, fries for a side. I had a cup of Lemon Orzo Chicken soup, and a piece of delicious spanikopata the size of the plate! It was so big, Himself called it "spanacontinent". :ROFLMAO: Still have 2/3 left in the fridge...

We finished our drive home on Thursday, stopping at two favorites. First, we hit a Bob Evans for brunch. Have to find them on the road since they don't exist up in New England. Supper was at our favorite CT diner (Blue Colony) with our favorite server ever - Stacy. That's our last stop before home, and it signals only 99 miles left to drive - and good food! Himself had Italian Wedding soup and something called a Jitterbug - some sort of hamburger patty on a slice of bread with gravy, fries for a side. I had a cup of Lemon Orzo Chicken soup, and a piece of delicious spanikopata the size of the plate! It was so big, Himself called it "spanacontinent". :ROFLMAO: Still have 2/3 left in the fridge...

I loved the Bob Evans Lemon Pie. But only had it once while on vacation to Florida in the spring one year. I think they only have lemon pie in the spring and we just got lucky. Hub usually takes vacation in July. No Bob Evans in NJ either. Strange how a restaurant started on Ohio has branches in Florida but not NE or NJ. :(

I loved the Bob Evans Lemon Pie. But only had it once while on vacation to Florida in the spring one year. I think they only have lemon pie in the spring and we just got lucky. Hub usually takes vacation in July. No Bob Evans in NJ either. Strange how a restaurant started on Ohio has branches in Florida but not NE or NJ. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if their Ohio customers who are snowbirds encouraged them to open a location in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom