Thursday, 11/19 - What's Cookin'??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
London Broil Rev c.......
Cubed the remainder and served it over rice with gravy.... Triple Succotash (Lima's, Corn & Tomatoes)...... and the Salad......

London Broil Nuggets.jpg

Yummy LT!

DH took me to late lunch at a Soup Salad Sandwich local joint today while out running errands ... my plan is/was grilled Strip Steak and a large salad ... we'll see.
What I do know for sure is that we have a lovely hunk-o-chocolate cake waiting for us from our adventures today :yum:

I did a bunch of stuff and ran out of spoons. So, we ordered from the Tex-Mex place we recently discovered. I had a burrito bowl with chipotle chicken. DH had a "big ass burrito" with barbacoa beef. It was really good.

Home again and quarantining...and cooking. Easing into it, I simmered Aldi cheese brats in sauerkraut and beer. Made a mess of mashed potatoes. Cracked open a jar of pickled beets. Easy comfort food.

IMG_20201119_212411838_HDR.jpg

Today I made a soup in the IP, using some great northern beans, miscellaneous greens, and some turkey kielbasa. I started it with a mirepoix, with some garlic added. I added a couple tb of the chicken broth concentrate, and a generous tb of red miso, 3 bay leaves, and 2 tb minced fresh sage, along with 9 cups of water, and a pound of great northern beans. I brought it to a simmer in the sauté mode, then switched to the medium slow cook mode. I cooked it 3 hours, then added 1/2 cup pearl barley, along with the greens, and about 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper. Then I lightly browned the cut up sausage, and added that, and cooked another 90 minutes. Then I added a half cup of red lentils, to thicken the broth, and cooked another 30 min. I stirred in another 2 tsp of fresh sage, before serving.
About 8 cups of cut up greens, washed and spun dry. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Half cooked soup, with greens added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Soup, ready to serve. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We had leftovers. We're going to spend the weekend in a cabin at a state park near Monticello to celebrate DH's birthday tomorrow, so I was trying to clean out the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom