Thursday, 12/30 What's Cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Home made pizza tonight. Pepperoni, green pepper and red onion. I used a dough ball I bought from a local high-end Italian restaurant. It was fine but I can't seem to get it round (tried it twice now).

66B46EFD-9E47-4831-9D63-02B172EEBBC0_1_105_c.jpg

I made a batch of homemade dough so next time it should be more symmetrical.

We had a store bought tortellini with pasta sauce, that Stirling made and we froze it in February. It's a really good pasta sauce. He used pasata for the tomato part. Pasata has had the seeds removed. I'm hoping that if that is the only nightshade I eat for a few days, that it won't bother my arthritis. The last time I had the sauce, I had a few twinges the next couple of days. I fried up a couple of Italian sausages to go with that. It was all pretty tasty.

Tortellini, Stirling's pasta sauce, Italian sausage.jpg

Last edited:
While Wednesday was our kids' birthday, we went out to eat today. This little town of 5400 has way more restaurants than our MA town twice its size. All we have are bars and pizza joints.

Anyway, five for dinner: two fried fisherman's platters, one with green beans and one with pasta; a bowl of fettuccine Alfredo (but with asiago cheese) with mushrooms; spaghetti and meatballs; and a platter of chicken parmesan enough for three people. We each had a side salad with various dressings - mine was the house made white French dressing and it was delightful! No desserts because we each took half our meals home because we were too full to finish them.

We tried Kenji's 3ingredient Mac. & Cheese.
Also some a/f hot dogs.
Pretty good, simple dinner.

Coconut cake was dessert

Ross
IMG_20211230_145658808.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom