Thursday, 2-15-2018 ~ National Gumdrop Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
National Gumdrop Day Tasty, I suppose, if it's your thing. Still probably not a good idea as your main meal.

No gumdrops here. Leftovers. Tonight's special will be the Thai Chicken with peppers. IF I feel ambitious, I'll make some carrots and snow peas as a side, but just making the rice might be good enough. *has anyone seen my get-up-and-go? I'm afraid it got up and went...*

What's for your dinner? Feel free to dine either celebrating Susan B. Anthony Day or Singles Awareness Day, if you prefer.

National Gumdrop Day Tasty, I suppose, if it's your thing. Still probably not a good idea as your main meal.

No gumdrops here. Leftovers. Tonight's special will be the Thai Chicken with peppers. IF I feel ambitious, I'll make some carrots and snow peas as a side, but just making the rice might be good enough. *has anyone seen my get-up-and-go? I'm afraid it got up and went...*

What's for your dinner? Feel free to dine either celebrating Susan B. Anthony Day or Singles Awareness Day, if you prefer.
Looks like you're still half-celebrating Valentine's Day ;)

Would you believe there's a link to a recipe for gum drop cookies on the Susan B. page? [emoji38]

Probably lunch leftovers. We went to the exhibit of the Chinese Terracotta Army in Richmond today. Had lunch afterward at a diner that served sandwiches with two sides, so we each have a half sandwich left. Maybe I'll make a small pot of soup to go with them.

I thawed some of the pork loin chops to panko coat and fry.. I figure as along as I'm frying stuff I'll do bacon fried cabbage and something else, to be decided.. ( I swear I'll do something healthy tomorrow :wacko:)

The kids eat way later than I'm used to so there is always plenty of time to decide sides, etc..

Ross

Looks like you're still half-celebrating Valentine's Day ;)

Would you believe there's a link to a recipe for gum drop cookies on the Susan B. page? [emoji38]

Probably lunch leftovers. We went to the exhibit of the Chinese Terracotta Army in Richmond today. Had lunch afterward at a diner that served sandwiches with two sides, so we each have a half sandwich left. Maybe I'll make a small pot of soup to go with them.
What does going to an exhibit have to go with tonight's meal. TMI, GC.

Knock it off, CWS. You know what TMI means.
Yes, it means that you went to an exhibit put on exhibitionists. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Anyone up to the task of snipe hunting?

I made 1 and 1/2 pans of lasagna with my new bel paese cheese and it's good!

Someday I would like to combine a bag of spicy gumdrops with the fruity ones so you wouldn't know the flavor in advance just by color.

I had Valentime's Day leftovers. Got sent packing last night with a half a shopping bag of Tupperware. Chicken enchiladas, easily nuked, salad, had to pick out some of the discolored avocado, and strawberries / angelfood cake. I had some of the cake this afternoon too. for quality control purposes only.

I went to another business lunch, this time at Pecan Lodge -- often touted as the best BBQ in Dallas. It was very good, but I don't know that I'd call it the best. I had brisket (of course) and sausage. Fried okra on the side.

I couldn't eat it all at lunch, so I brought it home and made a brisket sammy for a somewhat light dinner.

I didn't take any pictures -- that would be weird at a business lunch. :ermm: :LOL:

Here is a video I found...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r1xuNRaOLw

CD

Last edited:
001.JPG

FINALLY the clouds cleared and I cleaned up my Big Girl Grill
IMG_3098.jpg
... seasoned ahead of time some New York Strip Steaks
with Miner Mix Roast & Prime Rib Herbed Seasoning
and Fresh Asparagus with some Olive Oil and granulated Garlic...
On to the lovely gas grill they all went and I served it
all up with some steamed White Rice that I have been craving for SO LONG!

Back
Top Bottom