Thursday 21st of July What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning .. We'll hit the upper 90's today .. Just too hot to do anything .. especially cook anything elaborate.

Dinner tonight will be a no-cook summer pasta sauce made with home-grown tomatoes, basil, 1 crushed garlic clove, a little crushed pepper flakes, and lots of extra virgin olive oil. Let sit all day and then toss in cooked pasta .. spaghetti for us .. add parmesan cheese and enjoy. We look forward to home-grown tomatoes every year just to make this "sauce".

Enjoy the day and stay cool!

I now have a plan for the chicken, I'll make sticky legs and thighs in the oven and I've cooked some pumpkin but I have no idea what else :(
Maybe do something with the leftover spiced lentil rice from last night but I'm not sure what!

The meatballs are thawed so I'm going to attempt moink balls tonight. It will be my first time smoking with the gas grill (first time smoking anything!) It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I have slaw left from last night to go with.

Heading over to a friends house for bbq. They want us to bring our own meat, so I am going to make it easy by thawing a few boneless chicken breasts and punding them out. Give them a quick grill and eat them on a kaiser with lettuce, tomato and some ranch dressing. Going to bring along the obligatory pasta salad like good little guests....

Finally figured out to do with the leftovers! Made a cheesy rice bake with the leftover spiced lentil rice and chopped veggies. Crispy grilled chicken and cinnamon sugar pumkin.
Yay :)

lol, yeah, you can't go wrong smothering food in cheese :^D

I'm thinking of doing that tenderloin tonight. Last night I started munching instead of cooking and ended up heating some ribs to round out my grazing. I definitely want to cook that pork tenderloin up.

All I know is that I am stuffing it, Snip. I still haven't decided if I'm going to grill it or pan sear and bake it (gravy, yum) or a little of both. Probably a little of both.

All I know is that I am stuffing it, Snip. I still haven't decided if I'm going to grill it or pan sear and bake it (gravy, yum) or a little of both. Probably a little of both.

Stuffed is good. Pan sear and then stick it in the oven. Double trouble is always better lol ! Sides? Gravy must have mash ag please man :angel:

Looks like the moink balls will be put off until next week. DH just called. His knee has been bothering him for a week and today it gave out on him at work. We'll be heading to the ER this afternoon to get it checked out. He can't bear weight on it right now. He's sitting at his desk and will try to limp to the car.

sorry to hear about the news jabbur, hopefully everything works out for the best!

on a side note, im thinking that some blackened bone-in pork chops sound good. might make some sort of chutney if i have all the ingredients. if i do that, ill have some roasted broccoli and a light butter sauce to top it with.

This should hold me until tonight. And if it holds me until tomorrow, well that's just fine, too ;)

Attachments

• rachel sandwich.jpg
    rachel sandwich.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 222
I'll be grilling a piece of pork sirloin. Some Spanish style yellow rice and veggies will round out the meal.

This should hold me until tonight. And if it holds me until tomorrow, well that's just fine, too ;)

Oh yummy ! Is that sauerkraut on there ? Love sauerkraut!
My Basmati/lentil/veggie creamy cheese bake was killer! Didn't think what was actually just a rice a veg quiche could taste so darn good, will be making it again if I remember how :LOL:
Chicken was juicy inside and tooth cracking crisp skin and pumpkin was like pumpkin candies :)
I'm chuffed with how my dinner tasted but I would trade it for good sauerkraut sarnie any day!

Looks like the moink balls will be put off until next week. DH just called. His knee has been bothering him for a week and today it gave out on him at work. We'll be heading to the ER this afternoon to get it checked out. He can't bear weight on it right now. He's sitting at his desk and will try to limp to the car.

Don't believe you :p You've been putting those moink balls off for days :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom