Thursday, 5/11/17, what's for dinner at your place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having gnocchi with pancetta, oven-dried tomatos, basil, pine nuts, and Papillon bleu cheese.

Pizza (Mama Mary thin and crispy crust), topped with sauce, olive oil, fresh - garlic, onion, sliced mushrooms, mozzarella, fresh grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses along with dry oregano and frozen basil.

Last edited:
I bought some baby bok choy at the farmers market last weekend, so I'll make a stir-fry with chicken and some some other veggies that need using up. Will serve it over rice.

Dad's at the AF base, so it depends on what time he gets home. There's some leftover spaghetti sauce (for him) and for Mom...might cook a small steak and some veggies and a side of fruit.

I need to start using up the rest of the lettuce tonight. I'm just going to have a taco salad: beef, lettuce, and cheese (I forgot to get tomatoes). I think tomorrow, I'll make refried beans so I can add those as well.

I made a frittata with onions, red and green bell peppers, feta and cheddar cheeses. We also had home made English muffins.

We had guacamole with tortilla chips, and pasta in garlic cream sauce. The cream sauce had onions, garlic, raw cashews and lemon juice. One pound of mushroom were sauteed and added to the pasta and sauce.

I am still having post-surgery stomach issues so am having some soup. But I decided to change it up from mushroom to my friend's homemade veggie won tons in some vegetable broth with sliced green onion and broccoli. I figure if I can handle that, I should be able to start on more regular food. The wontons are done in rice wrappers so are totally gluten free!

TB had his favorite roasted chicken thighs with roasted potato & onion, snap peas and tomatoes.

I am still having post-surgery stomach issues so am having some soup. But I decided to change it up from mushroom to my friend's homemade veggie won tons in some vegetable broth with sliced green onion and broccoli. I figure if I can handle that, I should be able to start on more regular food. The wontons are done in rice wrappers so are totally gluten free!

TB had his favorite roasted chicken thighs with roasted potato & onion, snap peas and tomatoes.

Maybe you need some pancakes, cooked in a buttered pan, with maple syrup, a side of bacon, and a cup of French roast coffee to get you right.

Hey, just a thought. :chef:

CD

Grazing again, here. Not really hungry -- at least not for anything I have on hand.

CD

We had company for the cocktail hour with neighbors. Our dear newly widowed neighbor has her brother visiting from back east, and he's an IPA beer fan like the SousChef. They had a great time talking beer, and I made my artichoke spread I've made for years to go with the beer and wine.

For dinner, I browned the two of us some thick boneless pork chops and finished them in TJ's delicious sauerkraut , with sliced green apple. Veggies were leftovers.

Maybe you need some pancakes, cooked in a buttered pan, with maple syrup, a side of bacon, and a cup of French roast coffee to get you right.

Hey, just a thought. :chef:

CD

Make them gluten free pancakes, change the butter to non-dairy spread, keep the maple syrup but skip the bacon and coffee and you've got a deal :)

Had high hopes when I headed to the farmers' market today. Slim pickin's. I came home with a few stalks of rhubarb and a dozen eggs...

We had the leftover soups from yesterday. Himself finished up the chili, I ate most of the chicken-mushroom-spinach soup. After all, a rhubarb omelet just doesn't sound...appealing.

Last edited:
Dad's at the AF base, so it depends on what time he gets home. There's some leftover spaghetti sauce (for him) and for Mom...might cook a small steak and some veggies and a side of fruit.
Ended up making creole-style pork chops in the pressure cooker. Sides were steamed broccoli and oven-roasted potato wedges with creole seasoning, side salad for Dad, fresh fruit for Mom. Chocolate cake for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom