Thursday 6-22-2017 ~ Who ate and who didn't?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I know we tend to "dine at nine" like the rich folks, but did everyone end up eating late today? :ermm:

We had a Jewish deli dinner tonight: Reuben sandwiches, coleslaw, potato salad, and dill pickles. My only faux pas was to buy regular dill pickles rather than half-dill. :LOL: In spite of that, everything was delicious...if I have to say so myself.

What did you guys eat today?

Attachments

• 20170622_220649.jpg
    20170622_220649.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 130
I did an 8oz ribeye, sous vide and seared. Medium rare, of course. I topped it with some sautéed onions and bell peppers.

I have a few really good grapes and strawberries left for a healthy dessert.

CD

Your Reubens look great CG, I've been craving one for quite some time now. :yum: Did you use a Panini press? Love those grill marks...!

I've been on the go all day and am just now settling in to relax at 8:30. Dinner was actually a late lunch - I stopped by one of my fave little mom-and-pop places and had their grilled shrimp and mango salad. It was huge, but delicious. Nice bed of assorted greens, with a citrus vinaigrette dressing. Hitting the sack early tonight, I think.

I had a really busy day but had my mouth set for honest to goodness fried taco's the only way worth eating imo. They were heavenly since they've been off the menu for so long!

I made a quick dinner. Hake with lemon butter and savoury rice with chillies, paprika, lemon, onion, corn, peas, carrot and green beans.

"Old age home" Snip. :LOL: I don't know how old your "old man" is, but you're younger than our kids!

Your Reubens look great CG, I've been craving one for quite some time now. :yum: Did you use a Panini press? Love those grill marks...
Thanks Cheryl. I used the grill plates on my faithful Cuisinart Griddler. Hardly ever use the flat plates, but if I press a sandwich out with the ribbed ones we don't miss the butter that normally coats the outside of the sandwich when I pan fry it. Saving those calories for a little ice cream after supper. :yum:

I was waiting on somebody else to start the thread since I started the 1 the night before. We had coconut curry pork meatballs served over spiralized turnip noodles.

I was waiting on somebody else to start the thread since I started the 1 the night before. We had coconut curry pork meatballs served over spiralized turnip noodles.

Now that is something I've never tried. Do you serve the turnip noodles raw or cook them a but? I love zucchini noodles.

Now that is something I've never tried. Do you serve the turnip noodles raw or cook them a but? I love zucchini noodles.

Just to be clear, they were really turnip spaghetti.

The recipe called for them to be served raw, but Craig tried some raw and wanted them cooked. I tossed them with a bit of S and P, drizzled some olive oil over them, tossed, and baked at 375 for about 20 minutes, moving them around a couple of times. I've done the same with butternut squash noodles.

You can't cook them in water, even in a saute pan, they will break apart and you'll have more like a risotto.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, they were really turnip spaghetti.

The recipe called for them to be served raw, but Craig tried some raw and wanted them cooked. I tossed them with a bit of S and P, drizzled some olive oil over them, tossed, and baked at 375 for about 20 minutes, moving them around a couple of times. I've done the same with butternut squash noodles.

You can't cook them in water, even in a saute pan, they will break apart and you'll have more like a risotto.

Thanks. Will try raw first. I enjoy raw turnips. I also put julienne strips of raw butternut and beets in my salad for crunch.

I cooked a couple of chicken breasts and had one for dinner last night. We're supposed to be getting some hot weather over the weekend, so the dinner menu for the next couple of days is chicken salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and/or chicken salad sandwiches (pretty much the same thing except I usually throw in some toasted almonds and celery). Along with frozen blueberries, that's my way to stay cool and not have to cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom