Thursday 8/25/16 What Are Your Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
rapini and pasta.jpg
[file photo]
Here's my plan for dinner tonight...
Mr & Mrs Landlord each have their 12 hour shifts at work today,
I've already got planned a big pot of
Rapini and Pasta, either with Chicken Italian Sausage or diced Chicken,
loads of Garlic and grated Grana Padano Cheese,
and shared.

What are your dinner plans?

Hoping to make something that won't leave leftovers because we have plans for tomorrow and I don't like to let things ripen too long in the refrigerator. Too much of a risk of become U.F.O.s - unidentified food objects.

It's pretty hot today so I'm going to go a little light and make a chicken Provencal with a side of sauteed or grilled zucchini. I'm going to look in the pantry for some radiatore pasta 'cause I have a hankerin' for it. I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed but I won't know until I look.

Made a big pitcher of tea that will cool us down over ice and, for dessert, we'll come close to polishing off all the fudge we bought at the candy store on the way home from Lexington last week.

Since I firmly believe in better to hurt your self then others, I am now cooking sitting down

SO what I could do was Korean beef with rice and peas. It is ground beef with brown sugar, soy and spices. It is really yummy and I think every one enjoyed it,

Looks good, kgirl. That's so nice of you to make extra and share with Mr. and Mrs. LL - I'm sure they REALLY appreciate it.

This evening's dinner will be a medley of chopped fresh veggies that need to be used and thanks to inspiration from CG, some rinsed and drained garbanzos for some extra protein. Will mix everything together, drizzle with either a little homemade vinaigrette or some bottled TJ's, and serve on a bed of romaine.

At least that's the plan - it's not even 1:00 yet and I have Tyler this afternoon, so the menu is subject to change. :LOL:

Tonight's dinner will be...

Pork Sausage Gravy over Grands! Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits

Leafy green lettuce served with cooked crumbled bacon, slices of hard boiled eggs, croutons, and topped with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes from our garden, and honey mustard salad dressing

Shhh, Domestic Goddess, you don't have to yell. ;)

K-Girl, your dinner looks yummy. If you weren't already sharing with your DLandlords I'd be showing up with a nice bottle of wine...in three or four days. :LOL:

Himself will grill some hot dogs. I made potato salad late Tuesday night just for this purpose. A can of beans because they just seem right with hot dogs. Later, I'm going to try and duplicate a favorite ice cream that I can't find up here - Bear Claw.

I'm envious of all of you. I just bought a turkey wrap in the Atlanta airport and it was so bad that I threw it out after 3 bites.

Hopefully the hotel dining room will still be open when I check in at 8:30.

I'm baking chicken breasts in mushroom and onion sauce, with Fox Point seasoning and a bit of Tagin, along with the last of my green beans. Red grapes.

Last edited:
Those landlords of yours are spoiled rotten Kgirl! Man, are they going to hate it when your house is finished!! I hope they are giving you a deal on rent since they have a private chef. :chef:

I made a run at TJ's today so I'll be cooking up their fresh stir fry veggies and serve it topped with crisp fried pork belly. :yum:

img_1477462_0_6ce7c42522e0ad30684ba57b1589ff63.jpg

Those landlords of yours are spoiled rotten Kgirl! Man, are they going to hate it when your house is finished!! I hope they are giving you a deal on rent since they have a private chef. :chef:

I made a run at TJ's today so I'll be cooking up their fresh stir fry veggies and serve it topped with crisp fried pork belly. :yum:

img_1477476_0_6ce7c42522e0ad30684ba57b1589ff63.jpg

K. please let us know how this dish comes out for you.
As to Mr & Mrs Landlord, they've both already told me that don't want us to move! And, yes, we got one sweet deal here! Mrs. DF is the one who introduced us and she said that they will starve once we move, HA!
Gotta love that dumb waiter... :chef:

Shhh, Domestic Goddess, you don't have to yell. ;)

K-Girl, your dinner looks yummy. If you weren't already sharing with your DLandlords I'd be showing up with a nice bottle of wine...in three or four days. :LOL:

Himself will grill some hot dogs. I made potato salad late Tuesday night just for this purpose. A can of beans because they just seem right with hot dogs. Later, I'm going to try and duplicate a favorite ice cream that I can't find up here - Bear Claw.

CG, you and Himself are welcome anytime, it's gorgeous here, and the foods not bad either ;)
Please let us know about your ice cream, I'm intrigued

I'm envious of all of you. I just bought a turkey wrap in the Atlanta airport and it was so bad that I threw it out after 3 bites.

Hopefully the hotel dining room will still be open when I check in at 8:30.

Worst meal I've had in a long time. Hotel restaurants are rarely fantastic, but usually reliable and acceptable, especially the Hilton chains. This was awful.

I'm here's for six days, and I will find other places to eat.

Worst meal I've had in a long time. Hotel restaurants are rarely fantastic, but usually reliable and acceptable, especially the Hilton chains. This was awful.

I'm here's for six days, and I will find other places to eat.

Well, that's the pits, SS! Two horrid meals in one day! Sure hope you can find something delicious, and soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom