Thursday, Dec 30 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I saw the most beautiful/freshest baby bok choy...It is so small....A big bag jumped into my buggy...So I thought I would kinda stir fry them along with some Nappa, shrooms, and fresh swimps....Make a light sauce and serve it with rice....I don't know what you call it, but I expect it to be good groceries..

I was right.....It was gooooooood groceries!!;)

I was right.....It was gooooooood groceries!!;)

I'll bet. I just love bok choy.

I put away the rest of the pot of beans and kept out a serving, and ate one.

It was soooo good. You taste the split pea soup first and then bite into a baby lima. Kind of a one two punch. The pork off the bone was perfect, tender and full of flavor.:chef:

Israeli couscous with roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic and spinach topped with scrambled eggs. mmmmmmm

I'll look for those shanks Andy, thanks.

Here's my grilled echiladas. Mouth's still on fire :huh:

Attachments

• grilled shrimp enchiladas with mole.jpg
    grilled shrimp enchiladas with mole.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 159
Here I was hoping you hadn't decided what to do for dinner so I could suggest some BBQ pork sandwiches with the left over pork:LOL:

Ken ate the pork for lunch! LOL! There wasn't enough to feed all of us. Oh well. There's another lunch sized portion so that will likely be his dinner tomorrow when I'm at work. WAAAAAA! My holiday is over and I have to go back to woooork! (nice whine hey?)

The clam chowder was fantastic! I'm going to post the recipe so I don't lose it or forget it again.

Ken ate the pork for lunch! LOL! There wasn't enough to feed all of us. Oh well. There's another lunch sized portion so that will likely be his dinner tomorrow when I'm at work. WAAAAAA! My holiday is over and I have to go back to woooork! (nice whine hey?)

The clam chowder was fantastic! I'm going to post the recipe so I don't lose it or forget it again.

I'm going to go look at that right now!:pig:

The temperature was cold here today in Northern California. So, I made a pot of chili that simmered on the stove all afternoon. Just the smell of it cooking made me feel warmer. I was going to make beer bread, but instead I had some roasted garlic bread that I bought from the local bakery.

no time to cook again today, so we ended up with chinese/mexican takeout.

yes, our favourite chinese take out also does tex/mex and pizza as well.

dw and the boy had wonton soup, chicken and broccoli in garlic sauce, and beef and broccoli in a rich brown sauce. i had steak fajitas with cheese, a side of guacamole, and mexican rice.

Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice.

img_953173_0_c17c8bc2f032aeed912c1fb58bce2c8d.jpg

I jsut couldn't do the fried rice because my ankle and shoulder were killing me!

Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice.

I jsut couldn't do the fried rice because my ankle and shoulder were killing me!

That looks so good!

I tried to convince Shrek we needed chinese take out last night, but he declined, said he wasn't hungry. So, I decided on just soup or something simliar...when he pipes up and says he could go for some French Toast...at 8 PM on a work night....ummm...no!

I had just finished washing up the dishes he had used all day, I was not going to create a bigger mess to clean up.:neutral:

As it is, I am up way to early this morning and have to get ready for work...see you all later tonight and ring in the New Year...2 hours behind most of you!:LOL:

That looks so good!

I tried to convince Shrek we needed chinese take out last night, but he declined, said he wasn't hungry. So, I decided on just soup or something simliar...when he pipes up and says he could go for some French Toast...at 8 PM on a work night....ummm...no!

I had just finished washing up the dishes he had used all day, I was not going to create a bigger mess to clean up.:neutral:

As it is, I am up way to early this morning and have to get ready for work...see you all later tonight and ring in the New Year...2 hours behind most of you!:LOL:
Thank you and have a good day!!

Back
Top Bottom