Thursday, Dec 30 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I have a pot full of mixed beans and pork. I'll freeze most of it and eat on the rest.

Today I'll do an inventory of the freezer and plan out some meals.

I'll freeze the enchiladas and make tacos for dinner with some of the leftover meat mixture I used for the enchiladas, and make a small chili with the rest.

Probably no actual cooking today, but lots of work.

What are you cooking today?

Last edited:
I was going to have a Star Trek pizza night but I have been told I cannot take down the holiday table settings until after Saturday, so time to punt and see what's in the freezer. I'm just glad I forgot to take the pizza dough out of the freezer last night.

Hubby isn't awake yet, so haven't decided, but am thinking it's time for breakfast as supper. I think I have the fixins for some version of eggs benedict. Comfort food before the holiday weekend.

Captain's Benedict was my favorite breakfast at a waterside restaurant I frequented. It used some sauted mushrooms as a layer. Lovely!

getting ready for a New Year's Eve bash ... today I prep the blackeye peas and the Indian shrimp soup. Tomorrow the ham, au gratin potatoes, mess of greens, and roasted romas with pesto.

I am going to make Beef Vegetable Barley Soup with the leftover pot roast.

I love beef vegetable barley soup. I make mine with leftover roast, too, but my mother used to make it from scratch with oxtails. The barley has always been my favorite part.

I will be making large batches of orange marmalade sriracha chicken wings and Thai green curry chicken thighs with jasmine rice this evening to take to work tomorrow to feed my employees.
I will be sampling some of that for dinner tonight I suppose.

Well, there is a new pile of leftovers to dig through. That's a possibility. However...I have been craving my dad's clam chowder. Its the red stuff, not the white stuff. I think I'll do a mess of that for dinner.

Yesterday I saw the most beautiful/freshest baby bok choy...It is so small....A big bag jumped into my buggy...So I thought I would kinda stir fry them along with some Nappa, shrooms, and fresh swimps....Make a light sauce and serve it with rice....I don't know what you call it, but I expect it to be good groceries..

Well, there is a new pile of leftovers to dig through. That's a possibility. However...I have been craving my dad's clam chowder. Its the red stuff, not the white stuff. I think I'll do a mess of that for dinner.

Here I was hoping you hadn't decided what to do for dinner so I could suggest some BBQ pork sandwiches with the left over pork:LOL:

i am baking tilapia, may make a panko breading, & i'm roasting a veggie- carrot & brussels sprouts~

Last edited:
I love beef vegetable barley soup. I make mine with leftover roast, too, but my mother used to make it from scratch with oxtails. The barley has always been my favorite part.
That is one of my favorites too!

I have no idea what we are having for supper, but I do know I'm not cooking it. We are going to our friends' house for dinner and movies. It will very likely be either chicken and dumplings or pizza. Or something else. :-p

:)Barbara

I'm doing a major grocery shop (four stores), so it will probably be rotisserie chicken from Costco and a salad if I'm not too pooped. Then later on I'll use some of the chicken to make some chicken soup for the DH, who is feeling under the weather.

You should try it with beef shanks. You still get flavor from the bone and a lot more meat added to the pot.

I had planned sub gum chicken chow mein and fried rice for dinner tonight but I'm not sure how much cooking I will be doing tonight or what time.

Details in the Midnite Oil thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom