Thursday Dinner - 12/6/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Bone in split chicken breasts with marinara sauce in the Instant Pot, served over brown rice (made in the Zoji rice cooker), nuked green beans. Some things are better in a pressure cooker, with bone in chicken breasts being one of them.

Pioneer Woman's 7 can soup. I added some browned sausage to it and some water to make up for the added bulk of the meat. I was going to make grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it but DH got home too late. So we just ate the soup.

I scrambled the leftover taters and sausage from last night with some eggs. :yum:

CD

I ate the end of that beef with Thai basil, and for a side dish, I made some urap - an Indonesian salad made with mixed veggies, with a dressing based on grated coconut. No fresh coconut here today, but I had some frozen fresh coconut, which is what I always use for these kinds of dishes. I also used frozen fresno chilies - something I grow and freeze a bunch of every year, to use in these Indonesian and Malaysian dishes.

I always have a frozen bag of TJ's Mandarin Orange Chicken and with some extra orange juice for the sauce, along with strips of red and green bell pepper along with a few spring onions, it makes a good tasty dinner over steamed Jasmine rice.

I heated up a can of Progresso Manhattan clam chowder, added a few Argentine red shrimp and a shake of Old Bay, and made a grilled cheese sandwich. It was maaahvelous!

This afternoon I made a double batch of red sauce for dinner and the freezer. We had some of the sauce over chicken and mozzarella ravioli.

I've been promising Himself kielbasa and sauerkraut for about a month. Today I stopped at the Polish store in the next town over (the one in our town closed when the owners retired). Wow, I did not know what we were missing. In-town store sold kielbasa they got from a Polish sausage making company up in Woostah. It was good, definitely better than anything at the grocery store. Well, the husband at the store in the next town makes and smokes his own sausage. *swoon* It tasted like what we could get back home...in the "old days". Delicious! I knew the wife and daughter did a lot of the baking, which is also good, but I just found out about the homemade kielbasa. Must. Stop. Again.

Sides were pierogi (cheese with sour cream for me, onion with tons of sauteed onion for Himself), pickled beets, and something the store called "vinaigrette beets", which were less sweet. They also had what tasted like sage seasoning. Won't be buying those again.

Didn't want to go on a scavenger hunt on the laptop file. Here's the photo.

IMG_20181206_223316599.jpg

Last night was the annual Bartow county Christmas parade. It was amazing. Over and hour long. It’s great to live in a small town. Oh yeah had pizza and hot chocolate while sitting the back of my truck. Life is good

Last Night's Sausage, Peppers & Onions, Beans with Bacon, Dilled Carrots, with a Surimi Salad...
Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce...

IMG_6687.jpg

Sausage, Peppers & Onions.jpg

Spaghetti with Broccoli Aglio e Olio (Garlic and Olive Oil) topped with fresh grated parm reg & pec romano cheeses.

broccoli_garlic_120318_IMG_5152.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom