Thursday Dinner 2015-06-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some chicken breasts that needed to be cooked, so last night I drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled them with salt and Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning, then roasted them in the toaster oven. I'm going to dice one to make a cold Asian noodle salad with lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic, mint, basil, shredded carrots and cucumbers, topped with chives and chopped peanuts.

Reversed ribeye, garlic bread, asparagus, baked tater.

img_1425537_0_38e0901b30ede0f7ea7d784a2195fc86.jpg

Sautéed the morels and chanterelles I picked this morning off the front lawn, a lovely tenderloin steak I picked up at the butcher (the tenderloin from Conrad is long gone), the last of the wild asparagus a friend brought me, and some pickled wild leeks I made. Unfortunately, all I get when I take a picture from this @### smartphone are blurry. Eventually, I should figure out how to take a decent picture.

Awesome pic as usual, S&P! :yum: all!

I spelunked a container of CP beef stew and added some soaked dried porcinis along with the strained soaking liquid. It was really good. DH had (at least) two helpings.

Last edited:
S&P, Montana is a long way from me, but I would head to your house if I lived closer. Also, is that bacon I see wrapping that steak? :yum:

Since my cheese, charcuterie, and fruit dinner worked so well on Tuesday, I decided to reprise that for tonight. Hmm, so far hasn't been working its magic on this game. Come on, Cavs!

Attachments

• 2015-06-11 21.08.31.jpg
    2015-06-11 21.08.31.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 164
I had bought two large eggplants Monday. Pirate peeled and sliced them about 1/4 in. thick. I would take a picture, but even though we had about eight slices each when it was all done, some little gremlins got into the kitchen and pigged out.

All Pirate did was the flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture. The he sautéed the slices in olive oil and butter. They were supposed to be the veggie for the two small steaks I had bought. But they did have to be taste tested before being served.

So tonight, we will try to make sure there is enough asparagus left after cooking to make it to the table to go with liver for me and a couple of hamburgers for him. :angel:

We adapted a recipe for conch and coconut chowder for chicken. I'm surprised there is any left, it was so good!:yum:

Back
Top Bottom