Thursday, February 4th, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have CO detectors here too, and but mine only goes off when I push the fridge against it and hit the button.

Addie, I would surely tape a bag over that thing if I could, but the smoke alarm is at least 9 ft up on the wall and I'm a short person and nothing to climb on. Being short really sucks sometimes. But not only that, since I'm living in an SRO (single room occupancy) and it's subsidized, they'd have catfits and kittens if I did that. I'd get a warning the first time they saw it and a ten day notice to vacate the second time.

People really don't pay attention to them. Here we have drills and get yelled at if we don't get out in time (I have a hard time because they close the elevator off and going down two flights of stairs kills my knee), but when I worked at Kinko's once, our store was in a 9 stories tall building and the smoke alarm went off. I was trying to get the customers off the computers and out the door and they just flat out didn't want to leave.

Last edited:

Thank you CG. Once again to my rescue. I do know that Spike, when he is renovating an apartment, he puts in a separate detector for the carbon. And he places it on the wall in direct line with the heater. As I am typing this, the fire department is going from apartment to apartment in Charlestown for carbon monoxide in the apartments. A couple of the apartments had to be evacuated. That is all that they are telling on the news. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom