Thursday Jan 15th Dinner Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the duck prosciutto weighs out with a correct percentage loss, we will have a charcuterie platter, maybe some cheese, fresh French home style bread and a salad.

Last edited:
Tonight it's my take on Kayelle's marinated vegetables with Lit'l Smokies.

I tossed chunks of zucchini, onion, red & green bell peppers with olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt. I spread the vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet with some bite size chunks of Italian rope sausage and roasted them in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 425F. When they came out of the oven I splashed a couple tablespoons of red wine vinegar on them. Scooped a serving onto a plate and topped it with a tablespoon of grated Romano cheese.

Tomorrow I will use another scoop to make a Jumbot for breakfast! :yum:

We have another United Way fundraiser take and bake coming. Chicken and noodles, green bean casserole, and cherry cheesecake. The portions are huge, so will probably last us through the weekend.

Last edited:
Well the duck prosciutto needs a bit more time. So, dinner tonight will be the duck pastrami, with onion marmalade, creole mustard, the fresh bread Craig mentioned earlier and a salad.

Whiskadoodle, the pastrami tastes great. A tad bit spicy for me but Craig loved it. The prosciutto still needs to lose a bit more moisture

Was working.

So had frozen leftover sweet and sour prawn and a packet of Uncle Ben's rice all nuked in the michaelwave.

It's been a long week with lots of driving and little sleep, but we rewarded ourselves richly tonight. On our way back from the family funeral near Pittsburgh, we stopped at our very favorite CT diner, Blue Colony in Newtown. We each ordered one of the daily specials. Himself had pot roast with all the trimmings, I had Salisbury steak with lots of extras. We now have enough leftovers for another meal this week. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom