Thursday July 12th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
What will everyone be having tonight for dinner?

Ours will consist of Chipotle Chicken on the grill. Grilled potatoes with onions. And some baked beans.

Last edited:
Don't worry, Jessica. One of our awesome Moderators will fix it! :)

I am not sure what we will be having yet either as I have to go into the city for an appointment and won't be back in time for lunch (our main meal). It is so hot anyway it will probably just be some sort of meal salad.

Hot here, too. I am thinking salad or a veggie plate with some cheese...with the humidex, we are expecting it to be over 40C (~105F). My igloo melted weeks ago--I'm now living in a tent (for those who think all in Canada live in igloos...).

After yesterday I'm not sure either. I ended up not feeling well and we got take out from the Colonel. Choices are mesquite chicken on lettuce salads or grilled turkey sandwiches. We'll see what I feel up to making tonight.

Hot here, too. I am thinking salad or a veggie plate with some cheese...with the humidex, we are expecting it to be over 40C (~105F). My igloo melted weeks ago--I'm now living in a tent (for those who think all in Canada live in igloos...).

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

+1

I'm on the mend, but haven't had much solid food since Sunday. Today might be the day! Its a teensy bit cooler here today (only 29 not 30+) so I may be able to actually cook. Maybe a pizza on the grill?

minced pork stuffed baby squid baked in apple balsamico/white wine with saffron rice

Attachments

• STUFFED SQUID 001.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 001.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 197
  • STUFFED SQUID 002.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 002.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 149
  • STUFFED SQUID 003.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 003.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 142
  • STUFFED SQUID 004.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 004.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 145
  • STUFFED SQUID 007.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 007.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 158
I found crabcakes in the freezer (whoo-hoo). Will make crabcake sliders w/ a squeeze of lime juice, avocado, lettuce & tomato. Corn on the cob on the side. (Wish I had coleslaw.) Lots of fresh fruit in the fridge.

minced pork stuffed baby squid baked in apple balsamico/white wine with saffron rice

Do not let this man near a humboldt squid! If he considers those to be baby squid, he'll be trying to stuff a whole roast suckling pig in a humboldt!:ohmy:

Andy M. said:
I'm having a pulled pork sandwich and SO is in the mood for nachos grande.

I'm always in the mood for any kind of nachos! Can I come?

I got some nice oyster mushrooms yesterday and some nice pencil asparagus today. Karen took some leftover mashed taters and gruyere cheese, made a pie shell and created this:

36788-albums799-picture4938.jpg

36788-albums799-picture4937.jpg

Don't know what to call it. Could be a quiche or just a pie!:LOL: Whatever it was mighty tasty!:yum:

I got some nice oyster mushrooms yesterday and some nice pencil asparagus today. Karen took some leftover mashed taters and gruyere cheese, made a pie shell and created this:

Don't know what to call it. Could be a quiche or just a pie!:LOL: Whatever it was mighty tasty!:yum:
That looks great!

I call it YUM!!!!!! :yum:

beautiful squid up there! My partner is away so I can feed my need for delectable innards: deviled lamb kidneys on savory thyme waffles. Got a taste for offal from my British Columbian mom.

Last edited:

That looks really good Craig. Call it a pie, all quiches are pies. Don't call it a quiche because real men don't eat quiche...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom