Thursday, march 22 dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it doesn`t really have a Name exactly, but it`s Turkey breast steaks, marinading in lemon grass, ginger, garlic, coriander, soy sauce, lime juice, and chili sauce, and Toasted Sesame oil.
that will go on the griddle pan.

I`ve not decided what to do with it yet though?
maybe tortila wraps, or inside Pita bread, or even with Rice...

well, i'm supposed to be getting ready for the 2nd annual Davis brothers and sons family reunion and shooting match, so as soon as i quit playing with this vintage photo question, I will finish the bread I started this morning, then make one of those greek semolina pudding lemon cake things, and put together a potato and cheese casserole and a carrot salad. Will bake off the ham tomorrow.

DH's brother is in town, so entire family is coming over for dinner. For appetizers I am making 2 kinds of hummus, homemade pita bread, & spanokopita "bites". For the main I am making falafels, 2 kinds of greek yogurt sauce (one is a traditional cucumber yogurt sauce), & a greek salad. Finally for dessert I am making Baklava (First time making this- hope it turns out!) and greek coffee.

We're having reubens with the leftover corned beef from last night. Boy, that was a great piece of meat!

I'll probably save the last 3rd for hash this weekend.

Half Baked said:
We're having reubens with the leftover corned beef from last night. Boy, that was a great piece of meat!

I'll probably save the last 3rd for hash this weekend.
agree with you about the piece of meat. ours was wonderful too.
we just love the stuff.
have you or has anyone, ever actually made corn beef hash? I have exactly once, it was the best thing next to black licorice that I'd ever had.:LOL: no really, very easy and fantastic.

lovecd said:
DH's brother is in town, so entire family is coming over for dinner. For appetizers I am making 2 kinds of hummus, homemade pita bread, & spanokopita "bites". For the main I am making falafels, 2 kinds of greek yogurt sauce (one is a traditional cucumber yogurt sauce), & a greek salad. Finally for dessert I am making Baklava (First time making this- hope it turns out!) and greek coffee.

um, where do you live? I have a great pair of helpful hands in the kitchen and I've made baklava......:LOL: your dinner sounds wonderful, and heck what's one more person at the table?:ROFLMAO:

our dinner tonight will be rather simple. I bought some nice salmon fillets last night and I'd like a chicken pilaf and creamed peas and pearl onions to go along with it. date nut loaf bread slices and cottage cheese with tomato slices drizzled in balsamic vinegar, the good stuff from Tuscany. Dessert will be more of those lemon tartlets that I made two days ago and cinnamon ice cream. h20 for me, watermeltini for the man in my life.
Happy Thursday to all of you......................:-p

lovecd said:
um, where do you live? I have a great pair of helpful hands in the kitchen and I've made baklava......:LOL: your dinner sounds wonderful, and heck what's one more person at the table?:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the offer:) believe me, I could really use another pair of helpful hands! Thank goodness I already prepared the hummus and Tabbouleh last night before bed!
they're both easy enough to make, just time consuming is all right. Hope it turns out perfect for you, I'm sure it will, enjoy it, with or without me:stuart:

Last edited:

Thanks for the offer:) believe me, I could really use another pair of helpful hands! Thank goodness I already prepared the hummus and Tabbouleh last night before bed!

My wonderful husband just returned from a 10 day trip to Austin TX and he brought me back a frozen 3 lb brisket from Salt Lick BBQ. Is that LOVE or what?!
It is defrosting right now. We are having BBQ brisket (with the Salt Lick's special BBQ sauce) tonight and homemade coleslaw.
I am toying with the idea of making a cake for desert too, not sure yet.

I have a big crockpot of chili cooking. For dessert it is going to be strawberry shortcake. WalMart had the most beautiful strawberry this morning. There was not one bad one in the container .

dw's got a doc's appt., so i'm gonna make baked butterflied shrimp (frozen from a bag :chef:), haddock in buerre blanc, mashed spuds and steamed corn for my boy and i.

it`s just Occured to me, Luvs hasn`t told us what She`s having yet?

btw, I`ve decided on the tortilla wraps and a sourcream and chive dip.

The store had chicken breast on sale today and with all the talk of asparagus I just had to pick some of that up also.

So tonight I'm making..........Chicken Piccata, Parmigiano-Asparagus Orzo and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes that I'll keep on the vine for presentation. I've never roasted the tomatoes on the vine before so hopefully it won't catch fire ;0

We don't do dessert all the time but I have those frozen strawberries to use up in the freezer so I'm going to make a strawberry sauce and serve over some vanilla icecream.

Well, DH thought he was feeling better but he came home from work early today feeling, sounding and looking as bad as last week! I just hope it's not still the pneumonia.:( So I have soup thawing for him and am keeping it simple for Sofie and me--penne and marinara and steamed broccoli. Pink grapefruit for dessert.

YT, your dinner sounds wonderful!!!

I came home on lunch and threw yellow, red, and green pepper, onion, corn, black beans, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, green chilies, cilantro, garlic, ro-tel in chicken broth in the crock. My version of tortilla soup. Finished with a dollop of chipotle sour cream, avocado, and monterrey jack. FIERY!

Kiddo is also eating leftover grilled tilapia from last night and thinks if she adds rice to her soup it won't be so atomic. YUM YUM!

We had 4 cheese ravioli. I bought it at Costco yesterday, it is surprisingly good! We tossed it in pesto and topped it with browned shredded chicken and toasted pine nuts. Not too shabby for a shove by.

Dessert...
will be the last sad slice of kahlua mousse pie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom