Thursday Night's Dinner, Aug 28th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Thursday, so I'm going out with friends tonight, to a Tex-Mex place. Maybe chicken fajitas, maybe something else. I'll see what the special is.

Hey Suz, if you don't know how to make it, LP does, she's got a great way of doing gnocchi, believe me, she taught me how, and that wassssssssssssssssssssssss hard!

Aww, Lefse, you are too kind. You were a very willing and able student and I loved every minute of it!

Suzi, I will send you the recipe if you like and can "chat" you through it if you need.....unless you happen to be in the area like Lefse was!!!:LOL:

As for my meal I am very torn. I took out some sirloin steaks to thaw yesterday and was going to have them with baked potatoes and Caesar. However, a friend brought over a bonus meal of her great homemade chili AND some fresh cut basil.

So, we could have the chili OR I could still do the steaks and make the basil (a mixture of regular, sweet and Thai purple) into a nice pesto over noodles.

Decisions, decisions!

Hey GRK..........Our daughters is tonight, the draft I mean.
she beats out every man that's ever entered. Amazing girl she is...

Alix, please wish your daughter a wonderful experience with her braces. I loved getting mine on and asked the dentist to please not take them off when they were done, he said oh no, they're ready, they're comin off. I loved having them, kept them super shiny clean by waterpiking 5 times a day. I had the best looking braces EVER....smart of you to make soft foods for her right off the bat too...yogurt/jello/cottage cheese/omelets etc. would be really good. A wonderful gift would be that Teledyne Waterpik. They sell them at WalMart SuperCenter, just a thought, she'd feel very special if you made a big deal out of her and her braces and her dentist and gums will be impressed/impressive if she uses it. I attempted a chili dog, as I hadn't eaten in days previous, and thought, uh oh, I'll never eat again. Husband used to always take the first bite of my apple for me to start it, then I could go from there.

LP, I know exactly where my printed recipe is from you, both versions.

The recipe is called "Ramen Noodle Sushi".

Although since it does not contain any rice I am not sure you can truly call it sushi.

How do they get raw ahi flavor in that little packet?!

I love the Indian style ramen bowls! They are GREAT, just don't look at the sodium content, lol.

How do they get raw ahi flavor in that little packet?!

I love the Indian style ramen bowls! They are GREAT, just don't look at the sodium content, lol.

The "Ramen Noodle Sushi" recipe only uses the noodles; it has you throw away the flavor packet. Also, it does have any raw ahi, it uses cold, cooked shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom