Thursday Night's Dinner, Aug 28th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Welp, here we are again! I feel inspired, but not that inspired. Maybe I can get some ideas from your menus for tonight!!! What ya having for dinner DC?

Falling Apart Pork Roast, garlic cheese mashed taters, baconated green beans,
To Die For Gravy.

I will gain weight tonight, no doubt.

Have to double the dog walk or something.

well maybe TONIGHT will be that 2nd attempt at gnocchi I've been talking about for 2 weeks. It's my sunday today.... won't feel like it this weekend.

My boy asked for spaghetti and I'm sick of the same-old, same-old of pairing it with a big salad, roasted zuchinni & yellow squash, and making garlic bread.

Anyone have an idea of other sides? (keep in mind, no cheese)

well maybe TONIGHT will be that 2nd attempt at gnocchi I've been talking about for 2 weeks. It's my sunday today.... won't feel like it this weekend.
Hey Suz, if you don't know how to make it, LP does, she's got a great way of doing gnocchi, believe me, she taught me how, and that wassssssssssssssssssssssss hard!

You are gonna be the gnocchi queen before long... I can FEEL it!!!

pizza(s)

I just stirred together a no-knead pizza batter that will make three pizza's. I may make one each the next three nights and have plenty of leftovers for the weekend. I have some fresh mozz waiting to be shredded, will make some sausage, hope to carmelize some onions and garlic and will have to poke around and see what else I find.

oh yeah, what inspired this....I ran out of pizza sauce months ago, or so I thought. As I was rearranging the canned goods shelf, I found 2 one pint jars of pizza sauce:w00t2::clap:

Last edited:
If he wants to join my league its on yahoo I can PM you the info. the draft for my league is tomorrow at like 9pm EST maybe 8:45 not sure.

PM and I can give yuou or anyone else interested the info. I got plenty of spots open

I wanted to have ham, green beans and potatoes, but my GF isn't feeling well. Soooo, maybe chicken soup.

We are having a simple supper tonight. Spaghetti and meatballs with a mixed greens salad.

thai curry noodles. delish!!! peanut butter & jelly, kix, & leftover pulled pork fer my babe.

Youngest got the first part of her braces put on today so we're doing french onion soup and either veggies and dip or a green salad.

I wish someone would come over and cook dinner for me. Well since that isn't likely to happen I guess it will be some kind of take out.

Salad of tomato, mozz cheese, smoked gouda cheese, cuke, basil, evoo, vinegar.
fresh peach for dessert.

Going camping this weekend so it'll be eat up the leftovers before we go away. BTW, if anyone is into college football, watch ABC Sat. for the So.Cal-UVA game. I'll wave to ya from the nosebleed section and keep yer eyes out for a skinny, blond,wearing glasses and playing a sousaphone in the UVA band. That would be my youngest!

Back
Top Bottom