Thursday November 10 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Its curry night, Lamb Bhuna, rice, naan, mix veg pakora, carrot mustard seed salad and bombay potatoes.I have placed the toilet paper in the fridge:ermm:

Right now it's a tossup between loaded mac and cheese and shrimp alfredo... or some combination of the two.

I make a pasta dish with Italian sausage crushed tomatoes and zucchini I brown the sausage then add cut up the zucchini and throw in the pan. Let that soften then throw in your tomatoes. Let that come to a simmer. Serve over rigatoni sprinkle your favorite grated cheese to taste!

Trying to Figure out if I want to do something with hamburger meat or sausage. Any suggestions?

Sausage. Brown the sausage and toss it with some shredded potato, onion butter and cream and lots 'o' cheese. Toss it in a casserole dish and bake until golden brown.

Tonight's dinner is roast chicken, pilaf and roasted acorn squash.

Any thoughts on how I should season the squash?

Andy, one of my favorite ways is to rub the squash with a dash of red pepper flakes, some dried sage, a bit of sea salt, and pepper. Then I drizzle with EVOO and roast it, basting with a pure maple syrup. Sometimes I add rosemary or substitute it for the sage. Bon Appetit. P.S. I think we are in the same neck of the woods. I'm definitely roasting and baking today for this weather!

I'm in New Jersey so probably not too far.
I'm kidding of course but your meal sounds so good to me right now.
Haven't been outside at all yet, so not sure what weather is like here.
Our daughters favorite way of doing acorn squash is halving it and putting canned or jarred whole cranberry sauce in the cavity with butter dollops and salt and pepper, covered with foil and bake. She likes the gooiness that happens with sweet cranberry sauce, cute to watch her take each bite.

After staying in the mid 70s, it's finally turned more seasonal, with a mild frost last night, so I'm getting ready to brown up some beef cubes to simmer before I turn them into a beef potpie for tonight's comfort food supper. There'll be lots of veggies in it, which will eliminate the need for any sides, but I'll probably serve a salad along with. There's raisin-nut spice cake for dessert. That should do it.

some kind of meatloaf, have pulled about a dozen recipes to peruse and while the oven is on, will cube and bake some yukon gold potatoes and probably some sweet potatoes too.

Nice to see you LEFSElover!

Tonight's dinner is roast chicken, pilaf and roasted acorn squash.

Any thoughts on how I should season the squash?
Andy I wait til the halved squash is nice and tender then I take a fork and mash add brown sugar some sour cream if I have it and lots of butter salt and pepper. When butter melts i dig in. I love sweet squash.
kades

I am grilling today. It's supposed to get up into the 40's, but at noon it's still only 38F. I am planning on grilling a acorn squash, was going to do it with butter / brown sugar. But I have some leftover cranberries, so I think I will put some in the cavities after they have cooked awhile. Also I am making a cabbage wedge, w/ butter probably some sliced onion, garlick powder and S& P, foil wrapped. And 2 pork chops. I figure the chops will go on with the cabbage when the squash is about half done. It might seem silly, I have some sage cuttings I am going to toss on the coals. The flavor may permeate the chops a little, otherwise it will make the air smell good around the grill.

I'm in New Jersey so probably not too far.
I'm kidding of course but your meal sounds so good to me right now.
Haven't been outside at all yet, so not sure what weather is like here.
Our daughters favorite way of doing acorn squash is halving it and putting canned or jarred whole cranberry sauce in the cavity with butter dollops and salt and pepper, covered with foil and bake. She likes the gooiness that happens with sweet cranberry sauce, cute to watch her take each bite.
Lefs, you've given me a new idea for my squash. will try soon and thanks. Good to see you my friend.
cj

Back
Top Bottom